- Provides leadership and oversight to a team of project managers. Provides project teams with expertise and direction, with teams consisting of a mix of both full-time and contractor staff.
- Provides input to resource plans, budget planning and tracking. Manages team(s) to achieve target scope, schedule and cost and to ensure alignment to department and corporate strategy.
- Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations.
- Navigates within a geographically dispersed and operationally decentralized organization leveraging a working understanding of customer, local (field), shareholder, and employee priorities to achieve varying project objectives.
- Manages and partners with the company’s external vendors and collaborates with vendor resources.
- Conducts periodic reviews to monitor milestone progress; identifies potential issues with key stakeholders and keeps IT leaders apprised of project status.
- On a regular basis, assists business owners and project managers in preparing complete and comprehensive status reviews on all project activities and issues for project sponsors and IT leaders.
- Facilitates and assists in proper articulation and communication of accurate expectations of project progress, project prioritization and project delivery timelines.
- Partners with IT Program Governance team to improve processes and standards and ensure continuous improvement during and following implementation of programs
- Demonstrates and leverages strong strategic, business and financial acumen.
- Ensures that all project managers follow PMO processes and policies and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with industry standard project management methodologies for IT development (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean, PMBOK or ITIL a plus) (required).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing enterprise level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion (required).
- Experience working in a project management office.
- Project Management (PMP, PMI) certification or equivalent.
- Certification in leading software development Project Management Methodologies (SDLC, Waterfall, Agile)
- Extensive knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft Project Service, SharePoint, Clarity, PPM, Rally and MS Office.
- Proficiency in partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with a broad cross function of financial and operational employees, external customers and vendors in driving organization change.
Req #: 52026BR