Senior Manager, IT Mgt & Service Integration - Collaborative Tech Service Line Manager
Job ID R-302465
Job Description Summary
The Service Line Manager provides strategic and tactical leadership for the services within their service line working with key IT, Facilities, and Business partners to drive IT like a true “Service Centric” organization.
The individual will work closely with Internal I.T., Facilities, business relationship managers, andotherinternal and external partners to align to the expectations of the e
The Senior Manager will be responsible for identifying, building, and implementing services within their service line portfolio and will have end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction, delivery effectiveness, service lifecycle oversight, and cost allocations and transparency. The individual will establish, communicate, and drive end-to-end service line governance structure to ensure effective management of the service life cycle of all IT Services within their Service Line from inception to deployment to retirement. This role will have responsibility of the Catalog services related to their service line. The manager will partner with fulfilment service owners, finance, and other stakeholders to assess the resources required to plan, develop, deliver, and support IT services to meet the Business and IT needs.
The Service Line Manager reports to Service Line Director and executes the overall service line strategy and roadmap. The manager will drive relationship-building and engage with Business Relationship Management leadership and key IT leaders. The manager is expected to have a strong working knowledge of service portfolio management process and technologies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Service Line Manager
- Primary Service Catalog SME for Services related to Collaboration as defined and adjusted from time to time
- Responsible for defining and establishing services within their service lines (end-to-end accountability of services).
- Works with service line and service delivery leadership to drive IT to run like a true “Service Centric” organization
- Works closely with the business relationship managers to align to the expectations of the end customer/business
- Communicates to key stakeholders and evangelizes the concept of services and the role of service line managers
- Reports to Service Line Leader and executes the overall service line strategy and roadmap
Service Line Definition, Build, and Maintenance
- Works with IT service delivery towers to identify services within a service line
- Develops operational / service level agreements and operational level agreements with input from IT service delivery towers and service providers
- Implements catalog factory processes to facilitate the creation of new service catalog items
- Provides inputs to cost IT services and manages the service line financials
- Ensures ServiceNow is kept up to date to reflect changes in their Service Line portfolio (e.g. CMDB, Catalog, SLAs, OLAs, etc.)
- Build and refine comprehensive dashboards to illustrate Service Line Health leveraging CMDB and IT Service Management process data (e.g. Catalog SLAs, Application Incidents, etc.)
- Continuously monitors the health of the services by reviewing SLA’s and OLA’s.
- Drives accountability within the IT organization and Service Providers to ensure the fulfillment of services.
- Partners with Supplier Relationship management to ensure fulfillment of supplier obligations.
- Partners with the business relationship managers to continuously improve service delivery
- Works in conjunction with Operations, Archictecture, and internal customers to refresh the services as needed from time to time due to changes in the product market/landscape or BD business requirements.
- Identifies services no longer needed and retires them
- Ensures ServiceNow is kept up to date with all changes in the “service portfolio”
Related Business / Technical Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- 5 to 10 years of experience with Service Management technologies (e.g. ServiceNow, HP Service Manager, BMC Remedy)
- Demonstrated experience establishing customer and IT centric service taxonomy and Service Catalogs for service delivery and service performance management.
- Leadership experience delivering services within one or more Service Lines (e.g. IT Productivity Services (Workplace, Collaborate, Communications, etc.), Business Solutions, Advisory Services, IT Internal Services)
- Demonstrated experience establishing a “Service-Aware” Configuration Management Database containing Infrastructure, Application, and Service information and relationships.
- Thorough understanding of all IT Service Management processes and their relationships (e.g. Project Portfolio Management, Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration Management)
- Must be able to foster relationships at different levels within IT and business.
- Analytical problem solving skills and a continuous improvement attitude.
- 5 to 10 years of service management, service delivery experience in Fortune 500 clients
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- History of successful mentoring and coaching of resources.
- Distinctive career history of complex problem solving and issue resolution.
- ITfinancialexperience a plus.
- Experience delivering collaborative technologies (email, conferencing services, IM, etc.) a plus
Education and Certification
- Typically requires a technical or business undergraduatedegree. Work experience that demonstrates this aptitude will be considered.
- ITIL Foundations certification or higher and previous experience in Service Now, HP Service Manager, Cherwell or equivalent service management tools.
- Strong preference for 8 to 10 years in IT and the high technology industry