Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney’s Digital Technology (East Hartford, CT) organization is seeking aleader who has demonstrated a successful track record for managing infrastructure hosting in large complex environments involving multiple outsourced vendor partners.
The Senior Manager, Hosting Services will lead a team of domain experts defining the strategy, planning and overall architecture for infrastructure hosting services supporting broad and diverse businesses and processes across the enterprise. This exciting role will report into the head of Global Infrastructure and Operations lead team located in Pratt & Whitney’s East Hartford, CT campus.
We are looking for someone with exceptional skills with hosting infrastructure and directing the design, deployment and management of global enterprise IT infrastructure that includes on premises data centers and managed hosting services - including a large scale managed private cloud – through a number of outsourced vendor partners.
This leader has global responsibilities for developing, leading and providing strategic direction for the Information Technology Infrastructure hosting function. The ideal candidate can demonstrate proven ability to build strong working relationships with the other Global Infrastructure and Operations teams required for end-to-end service delivery, including Network Services and Service Excellence.
It is imperative the IT organization not only support business operations but also aligns with future business goals, objectives and numerous process improvements. We need someone with who has or can develop a deep understanding of the business, issues and competitive challenges facing the Company.
This position will lead and coordinate all hosting product life cycle management and refresh initiatives, ensuring that the hosted infrastructure is efficient and the team is perceived as a valuable asset to the company.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Be the functional leader of the Hosting Services team consisting of Pratt & Whitney employees, on-site staff augmentation resources and oversight of outsourced hosting partners
- Perform all personnel administration functions for team staff members
- Enact timely design and deployment of hosted infrastructure in support of production and customer issue, including revisions and/or extensions to existing hosting positions
- Define and execute IT Infrastructure projects in conjunction with the infrastructure PMO to improve/supportsecurity, business continuity, product roadmap and scalability
- Deliver all committed projects on-time, on-scope, on-budget and with quality
- Reduce unit cost of hosting services across all solution sets through simplified provisioning, effective change management practices, quality assurance, and other continuous improvement initiatives
- Direct the design, deployment and maintenance of hosted infrastructure and processes to meet company objectives and needs
- Administer and manage the portions of overall infrastructure spend related to hosting services contributing to a cost-effective operation
- Manage strategic hosting partnerships and vendor relationships including critical outside consultant/outsourcing providers
- Influence data center facilitiessupport for appropriately robust on-premises hosting and visibility into environmental controls Conduct detailed reviews of outsourced vendor partner plans, schedules and operational metrics
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the area of systems & hardware to assure that new developments are incorporated into future systems
- Establish visibility into outsourced vendor partner change and maintenance schedules for risk management and alignment of planned outage windows with Pratt & Whitney business need
- Other duties may be assigned
- Regular business hours and occasional evening and weekends based on the need.
- 24x7 global infrastructuresupport in partnership with a Pratt & Whitney operations team and outsourced vendor partner operations centers.
- The position is based in East Hartford, CT and will require occasional domestic, and possibly international travel through the year.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required - preferred fields include Networking, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or
- Advanced Technologydegrees preferred
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- U.S. Citizenship required (due to Government contractual requirements)
- Minimum 5+ years of in-depth, hands-on infrastructureexperience designing, deploying and managing servers, storage, connectivity and operations
- More than 2 year of leadership experience with direct reports or managing technical teams and/or contractors
- Advanced Technical degrees preferred
- 7+ years of experience with cloud services and technology, networking infrastructure and data storage technologies, and leading technical teams, strategy and implementation projects within a large corporation
- Expert level understanding of cloud hosting services and infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Cloud and Windows software for clients and servers
- Certified PMP with history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries and experience with Agile or Waterfall project management methodologies
- Experience in managing large-scale, full-life cycle implementations of IT infrastructure, including ownership of the technical solutions and management of the overall team
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, routing standards and protocols, wireless technologies, topologies, and standard internet technologies and operation principles
- Knowledge of router/switch vendor hardware and software, Firewalls and DMZ designs and standard methodologies
- Knowledge of mobile/tablet computing devices, and willingness to learn new technologies
- Advanced interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication capability
- Ability to perform with high energy in fast paced environment with agility to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Significant interaction with senior leaders and C-suite executives requires strong relationship building and business insight.
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experiencepreferred.