We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
The Sr. Manager of the IT – Finance Applications (FA) is responsible for managing the technology, the resources, and the processes needed to support the global finance function, including Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Treasury. The candidate is also expected to have a good understanding of the finance business functions and also emerging technologies to support the function.
The Senior Manager of IT, FA will be required to work in a fast-paced environment that requires interaction and coordination with business clients and system users with varying technical knowledge, skills and experience.
- Provide strategic IT vision to the Finance business function
- Apply project management skills to execute on Ciena’s Systems Development Lifecycle
- Establish priorities and assess performance against priorities for direct reports
- Evaluate vendors and negotiate contracts working with the IT Director of Procurement
- Responsible for budget input and technology licensing guidance
- Manage contractors and consultants as needed in support of projects and day to day operations
- Evaluate technology trends and present recommendations to upper management for evolution of the Finance solution space
- Communicate with coworkers, supervisor, and business representatives sufficient to exchange or convey information, many times to a non-technical audience
- Defining how Finance solutions align with the business, including prioritization of projects
- Managing and providing the technical skills for Finance projects
- Participating in creating an end-state Finance functional vision and implementation plan/roadmap
- Assisting in the gathering, consolidation and prioritization of business requirements for projects across Finance
- Managing end-user support and maintenance of Finance solutions
- Experience managing the operational activities for an Oracle EBS environment for Finance and a Hyperion environment for Planning.
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities for improving service delivery methods and support procedures
- Experience evaluating computer industry trends and conducts benchmarking for applicability and technology direction
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals for subordinate staff; may review performance appraisals input and/or forms submitted by subordinate staff
- Ability to create an atmosphere of open communication, development and innovation for the team
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with the IT application development teams and with IT infrastructure teams
- Team player with strong ability to work with diverse clients and sponsors
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Excellent customer and team-interaction skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience. Masters preferred
- 7-9 years of progressively responsible IT experience, including 3-5 years of management experience in development in a global organization
- Relevant experience in managing applications development in a mixed insource/outsource model
- Oracle EBS Development / configuration experience. An individual with hands on development in EBS at a large global company or consulting
- Experience in Oracle EBS 12.2.4 or higher.
- Experience in working in a software development team in a structured change control process
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of workflow analysis and/or business process modeling methods
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading networktechnology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion.
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Hanover, Maryland, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Salary 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Tracking Code R006297