Kemper Services Group has an immediate need for an experienced, proven, hands on Senior IT Manager to lead a team IT team in production support and project efforts in addition to ensuring industry and Kemper best practices are in place for core IT disciplines including SDLC. This position will be located at our Kemper office in Chatsworth, CA. Your strong communication and technical skills will allow you to lead by example as you develop your staff and implement projects in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicating and working with business units, at all levels, to collaborate with the business on enhancements to existing systems and potential new developments efforts along with following PMO process for establishing priorities. Continual effective communication of project status and priorities is critical to success.
• Management of business client relationships to ensure performance levels are established, proper support is provided and needs are satisfied in a responsive manner.
• Planning and development of new application systems and the maintenance and enhancement of existing systems including proposal, cost/benefit analysis, systems analysis, [MJ1] [MJ2] and implementation activities.
• Must be able to display the ability to perform complex system and business analysis. Ensure that the developments of systems are within scope, budget, objectives, schedules, and resource commitments.
• Responsible for the establishment and support of applications development environment including methodology, standards, tools, design principles, purchased package and performance criteria.
• 10+ years of software application development in the property and casualty insurance industry
• Previous experience managing a software development team is required.
• Experience with Microsoft ASP.Net, C#.Net, Microsoft SQL, Oracle tools.
• Ability to effectively plan and manage resources to ensure multiple priorities are completed on time and with a high level of quality.
• Experience with SDLC, working with 3rd party vendors and software enhancements, transformations and updates.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field or equivalent related experience.
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions swiftly
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to keep IT and business leaders up to date in a timely manner.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.