Requisition ID: 3153
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
We’re looking for Game Changers to join our Corporate Tax Department in Columbia, MD as a Senior Manager, International Tax who will report to the VP Tax. Responsibilities include International tax accounting, reporting, compliance, and planning. This position has significant latitude for independent judgment and initiative. Duties include the following:
- Accounting for Income Taxes – ASC to include accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) for Foreign legal entities; Ensuring that appropriate internal controls (Sox 404) are in place over accounting for income taxes; Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Compliance & Audits- Ensure all required returns, reports, and payments are timely filed and appropriately documented; support the Sr Tax Mgr Domestic Tax to determine proper treatment and documentation of International transactions in US tax returns;
- Coordinate with Sr. Mgr Domestic Taxes to ensure all cross-border transactions and transfer pricing issues are properly documented and supported for tax filing purposes; Oversee all foreign national and local income taxaudits as well as statutory audit/tax filings; Develop and approve responses to inquiries from various tax authorities.
- Planning & Strategy- Assist in the development of tax planning initiatives/strategies and recommendations to ensure the most effective tax position and cash impact; Coordinate with foreign locationtax and finance resources to identify key tax issues and tax planning opportunities; Assist in the analysis of the tax impact of proposed International transactions and develop tax efficient approaches for each transaction; Coordinate with the Sr Tax Mgr Domestic Tax to determine the most tax efficient global organizational structures; Coordinate and resolve tax issues related to foreign mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and expansion; Summarize and present tax information to various functions.
- Legislation: Keep abreast of tax law changes in foreign jurisdictions to identify potential planning opportunities or issues;
- Leadership: Manage a performance culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct reports and broader staff; Proactively establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders, including operations and finance management, as well as external tax advisors; Lead or participate in process improvement activities; Maintain strong relationship with external auditor; Interface with outside tax
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide leadership and direction to internal tax team and co-sourced resources
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- Experience with corporate tax software [OTP One Source Tax Provision] and on-line tax research products\
- Proficient with Excel and automating tax and finance systems and controls, process and control acumen
- 12+ years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm
- Extensive knowledge and experience with ASC 740 for a US Multi-National
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation
- JD and/or CPA
- OTP One Source Tax Provision Software knowledge
- SAP (IRIS Reporting System) Financial reporting and GL systems knowledge
- SAP – ECCS – BPC and Interactive Excel knowledge
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.