Industry: Financial Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 578 days ago
Purpose of Job
This position assists in the forecast of loan loss provisions for the international portfolios especifically in LatinAmerica. The incumbent ensures the accuracy and integrity of the forecasting methodology and on-going compliance with IFRS and OSFI regulations. In addition, the incumbent supports current processes and documentation in order to satisfy Internal, External, and SOXaudit requirements.
This position requires experience in Finance and Retail Credit Risk. The individual must be results oriented with good technical knowledge, balanced by an intrinsic understanding of the business lines and environment. A minimum of 5 years of related working experience is required.
1) Assists in the divisional credit provisioning and portfolio evaluation process, ensuring ongoing adequacy of the international credit reserves.
2) Assits in the implementation of the new provisionsing methodology (IFRS9) by validating information, running models and ensuring the results obtaine are as expected.
3) Ensures accuracy, integrity, validity and completeness of the models used for provision assessment.
4) Contributes to the internal and external audit process, including SOX controls, and compliance with external regulations including OSFI and IFRS.
5) Maintains a high-level of customer service and satisfaction that is consistent with Global Risk Management – Retail Credit Risk and Scotiabank service standards.
1) Previous experience in RetailRisk and loan loss provision modelling would be an asset.
2) Bilingual English-Spanish is required.
3) Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential in dealing with many senior internal and external parties, as well as preparing reports for Executive Management.
4) Integrity, high attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy are critical to ensure quality outputs.
5) Solid organizational and time management skills to be able to direct varied activities within tight time frames.
6) Good knowledge of spreadsheet, database and statistical software.
An ungraduate degree in a quantitative subject (economics/accounting/statistics). A professional designation (such as CFA, CMA or CA) would be considered a plus.
Requisition ID: 13250