We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager Internal Controls (SOX) to design, implement and oversees the internal controls over financialreporting for the Company. He/she will be responsible for the implementation, design, maintenance and preparation of clear, detailed and accurate SOX documentation, including narratives/process diagrams, control descriptions, risk control matrices and partners with the Corporate Controller and the CFO in planning the SOX compliance testing program. He/she develops working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management. The successful candidate will be joining an experienced team of dedicated professionals who are passionately engaged in building a solid foundation for a great company that is a leader in one of the most exciting and revolutionary technology innovations of our age.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Hands-on leadership role in all aspects of developing and managing the internal controls of a SaaS company.
- Design, Implement, and oversee the company’s internal controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct and document financial/accounting/actuarial process flows, with a focus on internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Lead the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financialreporting and SOX.
- Prepare and present updates to management, including management control remediation plans.
- Partner and liaise with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls.
- Develop processes and policies for reporting findings.
- Collaborate in development of action plans to assess the adequacy of action taken by management to correct deficient control conditions, accepting adequate corrective action and continuing reviews with appropriate management on action until satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborate in development and implementation of a system to capture and track control deficiencies, as well as internal and external audit findings to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent work experience - MBA and/or CPApreferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in internal controls, audit or risk management within the SaaS/PaaS industry or in a high growth Software company.
- Experience managing complex internal audits and/or operational risk assessments.
- Ability to document and verbally communicate financialreporting processes in a clear and concise manner, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Strong work ethic, with an ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision.
- Prior experience in enterprise SaaS/PaaS organization with strong understanding of key processes.
- Communication skills to educate/raise awareness of foundational elements/methodologies needed to support an internal control framework.
- Professional, polished and looking for long term role with one of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley as a key contributor to our growing finance team.
- NetSuite experience highly preferred.
- C3 IoT is a culture of “doers”. Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming leader is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A decisive, positive leader who people are naturally drawn to. This person is gifted at attracting strong talent, creating buy-in around common goals and helping others develop.
- A high-energy individual who radiates positivity. This person inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- Dynamic ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills and keen self-awareness.
- A humble individual who listens well and is coachable.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal and written communication and skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team and other internal and external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front.
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, s/he is equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. This person is able to balance the lofty expectations of future company performance with the necessity to reportfinancial information accurately and in accordance with GAAP standards. Authentic integrity comes naturally for strong leaders; C3 IoT believes this is an essential attribute for every employee at the company.