The Senior Manager of Internal Controls position is a leadership role which requires skills in leading, influencing and coaching others, sound judgment, excellent communication skills, organizational knowledge, self-management, and strong U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) experience. Our primary mission is to perform independent and objective assessments of business activities and related controls and provide best practice recommendations to improve the control environment. As a Senior Manager of Internal Controls, you will be instrumental in the planning, scoping, executing, and reporting of SOX and conduct compliance and operational audits. This position will gain global business knowledge and understanding of the Company’s processes across all locations and divisions. This is a highly visibility opportunity to make important improvements throughout the Company.
- Serve as one of the Company’s key contacts for all SOX/internal control related issues or questions.
- Assist with risk assessment and the development of audit scope and test plans.
- Partner with key leaders to ensure accuracy of the control process documentation. Consult with key leaders on the design of internal controls associated with new business processes and/or system changes.
- Evaluate the Company’s internal control environment and assess the design, effectiveness and adequacy of key processes based on walk throughs and compliance testing.
- Based on the audits performed, prepare audit reports/audit recommendations, communicating results to management/business partners and assisting them with developing corrective action plans, including root cause analysis, as well as facilitate the remediation of control gaps.
- Ensure audit findings are appropriately resolved and audit reports issued on a timely basis. Responsible for the escalation of critical issues to senior management of the company.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on deliverables and ensure all audit functions are optimized.
- Manage and provide leadership to staff and conduct training as needed.
- 10-15% domestic and international travel, generally advance notice provided.
RELATED COMPETENCIES AND JOB SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Must be able to think critically and perform analytical procedures on complex tasks such as risk assessment and quantification of control deficiencies.
- Must be able to effectively present complex concepts, audit results and recommendations to business owners across functional areas and levels of management.
- Ability to lead complex projects as well as the ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance) required, related certification (CPA, CIA or CISA) is preferred.
- Must have three years to five years accounting or auditing experience.
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience is preferred.
- One to two years of supervisory or managerial experience a plus.
- Experience developing and utilizing analytics in the planning, execution and reporting phases of audits is a plus.