SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
We're looking for an Internal Communications Senior Manager to develop, plan and implement internal communications programs that keep employees informed and aligned with what's happening across the company. You will help leverage our unique, purpose-driven culture to continue inspiring our workforce and enabling them to amplify our products and brands.
We are seeking candidates with expertise developing and executing world-class internal communications programs and interacting with employees and leaders at all levels. This role will report to the Senior Director of Employee Experience and will be responsible for working very closely with partners across the company to build comprehensive communications solutions that reach our digitally-native population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute communications strategies to support a variety of initiatives, such as new product launches, employee program rollouts, business updates, business unit and change management programs, and critical response/social impact initiatives, among others.
- Execute the strategy for our Company Meetings from soup to nuts - from agenda setting and picking speakers, to promotion and distribution. This involves working cross-functionally with our IT department, our executive leadership team, and functional leaders to bring these meetings to life.
- Manage and govern best practices around the ongoing use of internal communication tools such as Slack, SendGrid and others.
- Collaborate on company surveys by analyzing survey data and preparing executive briefs
- Own and maintain an internal communications calendar and manage content dissemination across various channels including networked TV screens, email, speaker series, Slack and our internal Digital Workplace/Intranet.
- Own the internal Company Newsletter which includes collaborating with departments across the organization, aggregating content, crafting messaging, securing approvals and disseminating the newsletter to all staff.
- Help facilitate ongoing, two-way dialogues between executives and employees through the management of various feedback channels.
- Create a variety of written communications, including key messages, FAQs, emails, talking points, presentations, and other general communications as required.
- Find ways to keep our love of content and entertainment front-and-center for our employees, and make communications fun, crisp and engaging!
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 7+ years professional communications experience; preferred focus on internal communications
- Experience with content management systems and email delivery tools (SendGrid, Marketo, MailChimp, etc.)
Requirements and General Skills:
- A personal and professional passion for the importance of internal communication and employee engagement.
- Ability to develop, manage and execute the implementation of complex communications campaigns.
- Solid understanding of executive and senior management perspectives so that information can be presented appropriately.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - and use of both business/corporate and casual, fun, non-corporate voice.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Proven ability to think ahead, take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Knowledge of how to effectively measure and report back the impact of internal communications campaigns.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and agile, comfortable shifting focus and priorities as urgent requests arise.
- Must be comfortable working outside of standard business hours as needed..
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong experience with content management systems and email delivery tools (SendGrid, Marketo, MailChimp, etc.).