In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications and PR leads both internal communications and PR for the Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGTD) business. This position is responsible for the breadth of executive, HR and internal employee communications as well as external PR in alignment with the business unit (IGTD), business group (IGT) and corporate communication strategies and plans.
You are responsible for
- Leads executive level strategic communications: Responsible and accountable for conveying the strategy, voice, style, tone, and messaging intentions of the leader for all executive / strategic communications. Develops credibility with employees, other Management Team members, and other key constituents across IGT and Philips; ensuring alignment. Maintains strong understanding of all business offerings, customer segments, and market-specific considerations.
- Develops and drives employee communications: Responsible and accountable for communications to build community, promote activities, and contribute to employee engagement and culture-building efforts that contribute to the overall IGT Devices Business/IGT Business Group/ Diagnosis and Therapy Cluster/Philips employee communications. Delivers high-quality, energetic, lively work; capturing and conveying a distinct voice and tone; ensuring great attention to detail; showing empathy, consideration, and understanding of various viewpoints to support Philips’ diverse, growing, global healthcare business. Uses digital media effectively. Ensures consistency and appropriateness of all communications; writes clear and interesting material ensuring quality, tone, consistency, and alignment with business style, goals and objectives.
- Creates integrated internal communication strategies and campaigns: Leads the cross-functional creation of integrated communication campaigns aligning strategies, tactics and execution. Employs analytics to measure success and refine plans.
- Effectively employs internal channels: Responsible and accountable for ensuring the messages effectively reach target audiences including, but not limited to the following channels: email, leadership meetings, internal social media community, internal electronic news boards, business level email accounts, in-person meetings (e.g., town halls, national sales meetings, leadership visits). Positions the leader effectively in context of the IGT Business Group. Employs analytics to measure effectiveness and reach.
- Drives change management and HR-related communications: Contributes to IGT Devices, IGT business group, D&T cluster and Philips well-orchestrated, thoughtful, clear large-scale organization change management and acquisition integration communications efforts. Manages messaging around organizational and program changes and roll-out to stakeholders. Works effectively with HR team and broader Philips communications network.
- Manages internal and PR budget and vendors:Responsible and accountable for creating and managing the internal communication and PR budget as well as staffing (as necessary), 3rd party partners, priorities, and resolving conflicts for the internal communications department.
- Contributes to IGT business group internal communications strategies: Contributes content to the IGT internal communications plan to facilitate cohesive communications and management decisions including timing of deliverables, budget, and ROI across the IGT business group.
- Leads PR: Directs 3rd party partner (Fleishman) in PR / media planning in line with business strategy. Supports external events (i.e., tradeshows and sales meetings). Manages social media in relation to PR (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter) and develops and manages key metrics to measure success. Works closely with marketing, marcom and convention/event partners in media planning and execution.
- Strategically aligns strategy and tactics: Works closely with IGTD leadership, marketing, marcom and conventions/events at both the IGTD and IGT level ensuring alignment and execution throughout the organization. Participates on key organizational teams, councils and taskforces, as needed.
- Manages inbound Investor Relations inquiries – Supports the IGTD leaders in providing answers for inbound questions from the Investor Relations team. Conducts thorough research on the requests and packages the answers into relevant talking points while also providing deeper background knowledge for fully understanding the issue. Manages the message of the IGTD business to investors.
You are a part of
- Reports to Director of Marketing Communications and Events with a dotted line to the Director, Branding, Communications and Digital for the Image Guided Therapy Business Group. During the process of integrating new businesses, this position also works closely with the IGT Director for Merger and Acquisition Communications.
- Supports a business of 2,000+ employees at three main sites (San Diego, Colorado Springs, Maple Grove) plus manufacturing sites, as needed.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 8+ years’ experience in internal communications and PR
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (Master’s preferred)
- International experience; cultural sensitivity
- Strong writing and communication skills, including copywritingexperience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, animation, video to build presentations
- Understanding and use of various media (video, Web, digital, etc.)
- Understanding of business strategy and critical role of communications in executing strategy
- Understanding of organizational design and change management
- Ability to interact effectively with both executives and all levels within the organization
- Ability to provide art and creative direction to internal and external design teams
- Ability to develop talking points for the corporate investor relations team relating to the business
- Collaborative, inclusive spirit
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment balancing needs of multiple stakeholders (experience in large corporation preferred)
This role can be based in San Diego, CA, Colorado Springs, CO or Maple Grove, MN
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.