The candidate will work across our global organization to identify business, operational, financial, and compliance risks and help manage the impact of these risks on the organization. The candidate will evaluate the design and implementation of internal controls and perform internal audits and/or advisory projects to assess the effectiveness of risk mitigation measures. In addition, the candidate must be a strong relationship builder and highly effective in a fast-moving, complex, and ambiguous environment.
This position is based in New York, New York, and will report to the Internal Audit Director of Business Risk. Some international travel will be required.
What you'll do
- Lead and set the internal audit strategy for a business unit vertical and develop the scope and approach for the audits conducted in your area.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure timely execution of the SOX compliance program for the processes in your vertical.
- Understand the business unit's strategy, product lifecycle, associated business processes, technology, and related regulatory requirements.
- Plan and manage complex operational audits including risk assessment, execution and post-remediation validation.
- Participate in ongoing enterprise risk assessment process by leading and developing the dynamic audit plan to address high risk areas in your vertical.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management.
- Support the Internal Audit Director in strategy setting for the Business Risk team and execution of the strategy.
- Prepare presentations and reporting for senior management.
- Mentor and coach team members.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience with Big 4 or internal audit.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Business Administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices, tooling, and managing projects through the audit lifecycle.
- Results-oriented leader who has the ability to manage, influence, and drive strategic solutioning across diverse teams.
- Independently operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- People management skills including the ability to mentor, review performance and develop talent.
- Problem-solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Previous SOX experience.
- CPA and/or CISA, CIA certifications.
- Domain expertise in technology/music industry, and/or professional services assurance experience and a strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO).
- Enjoys fast-paced, constantly-changing and ambiguous environments.
- Master communicator: Understand complex issues and tailor messaging to your audience.