The Senior Internal Audit Manager is a key member of the Internal Audit team and has overall responsibility for managing financial, operational and compliance audits. He/she will be responsible for managing SOX 404 compliance testing activities, and a variety of internal audit assignments and projects, often in partnership and collaboration with other Internal Audit team members. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated understanding and desire to help drive a strong overall internal control environment for Frontier. With that, a keen ability to connect this work to the needs of the business bringing both a strong professional presence and technical expertise to their work. This role reports to the Director, Internal Audit.
Perform the following in accordance with professional standards and department protocols:
- Manage and develop audit team members, including performance feedback designed to further strengthen and develop skill sets.
- Delegate and clearly communicate work responsibilities to team members to ensure continuous delivery of desired work. Provide adequate support to ensure delegated tasks are completed timely, efficiently and accurately.
- Manage and lead risk-based financial, operational, and compliance audits, which includes, but is not limited to the planning, fieldwork, and report writing phases of the audit. Effectively identify underlying root causes, best practices in control design and operational effectiveness and communicate results to management.
- Assist in developing and executing the annual audit plan.
- Manage and lead the planning and execution of SOX 404 and External Audit Direct Assist testing in accordance with previously developed test plans and document results in accordance with testing guidelines.
- Support the external audit function and effectively communicate with the external auditors.
- Coordinate with the team’s data analytics subject matter expert to develop and execute data analytics procedures.
- Monitor and report on the progress of management action plans resulting from past audits.
- Conduct risk assessments to help identify high-risk exposure areas and as a result, help the organization prioritize mitigation efforts.
• Participate in fraud investigations in response to Compliance Hotline or other similar activities.
• Support other Internal Audit assignments, as needed.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent degree.
• 8+ years of professional experience in public accounting, internal audit, or consulting and/or relevant strong financial background.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated clear understanding of accounting and audit theories and principles
- CIA, CPA, MBA or working towards certification preferred.
- Limited travelrequired, domestically.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
• Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive for results at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Demonstrated experience and strong desire to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Brings a focus on continuous improvement to his/her work and desire to bring value-added results
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Knowledge of data analytics and tools is a plus (ACL, IDEA, or similar tools).
• Relevant industry experience, a plus.
- Brings high level of energy to his/her work and a positive, can-do attitude.