The Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing Experiences (IMX), Quebec is a regional role specific to the Quebec (QC) market whose greatest focus is on winning share against our competitor while aligning with our regional segmentation strategy.
KEY WORKING PARAMETERS:
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- Assessing suitability of creative ideas for the QC market and leading the adaptation process, to drive authenticity and relevancy with consumers
- Review and final approval of all French packaging
- Core member of Marketing Approvals Process (MAP) team, providing risk assessment of all French consumer facing materials
- Point of Sale (POS) proofing and final approval
- Responsible for managing Direct Marketing Expenses (DME) allocated to Quebec consumer activations (including QC spokesperson as needed)
- Manages one direct report
- Goals range from short term (individual campaigns) to mid-term (driving brand love and relevancy in the QC market)
- Responsible for the Quebec province in Canada
KEY SUCCESS PARAMETERS:
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience, preferably within the beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry preferred, with extensive knowledge of the Quebec market, creative adaptation and agency management.
- Ability to identify and assess core creative idea, independently of executional elements, in order to lead local adaptation efforts in driving synergies with other markets, while accounting for regional nuances where needed.
- Must have excellent communication skills in order to liaise with head office, providing updates on regional activities while being the central point of contact for local QC agency partners.
- Must be fully bilingual in QC French and English
- Responsible for sharing information, influencing and negotiating with others; must be able to present Integrated Marketing Experiences (IMX) campaigns, generate excitement in the local sales team and secure ‘buy in’ for programs; must be able to properly represent QC perspective with head office and advocate for local funding/activations
- Must be able to represent and explain regional nuances that exist within QC market and why this results, at times, in alternate plans and executions.
- Must also build strong relationships with franchise team
KEY KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluent in Quebecois French (both written and oral)
- Creative Adaptation
- People Leadership
- Agency Management
Broad Expertise in:
- Public Relations
- Brand Management
- Presentation Skills