This role will be responsible for leading the user experience with data and analytics for our Tyson sales team members. We will move from data in disparate locations, requiring significant manual and excel based processes, to personalized delivery of analytics and information. We will design a system of self-service analytics and insights enabling our team members to quickly and easily access the information they need, when they need it.
- Lead Tyson Commercial sales in becoming more predictive and prescriptive in nature by leading the Commercial data strategy initiative from the sales side.
- Provide thought leadership in how we evolve our optimization & personalization capabilities.
- Work with Data Governance, IT and key business partners to create a data roadmap to enhance all future analytics and reporting needs
- Expert in data modelling and advanced analytics principles to ensure we are driving the right action to create sustainable future state analytics for our Commercial team.
- Create the requirements for how we use and expose insights to hundreds of Tyson employees and have a direct impact on accelerating our time to sale leveraging the tools at our disposal (Power BI, Palantir, others)
- Lead and ensure adherence to standards of practice.
- Fundamentally re-imagining the current Analytics delivery/user model to better meet the company's expectations and working with IT to build and enhance business intelligence tools to enhance the team’s agility in accessing all data sets.
- Help the organization become proficient in leveraging data to improve the customer experience by working with our broader sales enablement team to develop training, user support, etc.
- Leading our data and analytics user experience and collaborating with IT to deliver self-service analytics and personalized experiences for our team members
- Reviewing and validating work with peers, stakeholders, and users throughout the process, maintaining constant and open communication with key team members
- Utilizing your business acumen to delve deeply into problems, collaborate with subject matter experts internally, and work extensively with cross functional partners to find high impact solutions that transform the employee/customer experience.
- Building strong relationships across sales to understand their needs, and cross-functionally with internal teams (sales, supply chain, finance, etc.) to coordinate data and metrics
- Demonstrate proactive curiosity business thinking to challenge the status quo and leverage best practices in analytics to glean insights
Experience you’ll need
- Prior experience leading analytics for a large sales organization or a data/analytics transformation. You like business metrics, be it for sales, finance, or some other customer-related function. You also have good eye for business and foresight to help enable our extended team members to continue to be more proactive and guide our leadership team.
- You have a strong personal sense of time management and you can independently lead the work of yourself and others. You value opportunities to make a high impact on the success of the company as a whole and understand keys to success in a highly visible multi-functional role.
- You are curious and data driven: asking questions and seeking answers is part of who you are, and using your creative skills to craft statistical models that help guide and advise an organization excites and motivates you.
- Shown ability to demonstrate the full scope of a SQL Manager from requirements gathering → data modeling → Data QA/peer reviewing → building visuals → communicating results to partners → enabling self-service tools for the end user.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel: most of your team members have models in excel that they’re looking to bring into BI. Comfortable with understanding their formulas and aggregations will make you infinitely more successful.
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI
- Strong professional presence, effective communication, presentation, influence, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate effectively in a team and build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the Commercial Organization
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years in a commercial Insights-driven/BI role required.
- Consulting experience a plus