The Sr. Manager Infrastructure leads the team responsible for the vision, architecture, engineering and support of Talbots Hybrid cloud infrastructure. This key role will not only will shape the Talbots hybrid cloud vision, but also drive the migration to it, enable IT be more agile, and improve service delivery to accelerate its business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly manages the infrastructure teams at the Tampa, Hingham, and Lakeville facilities
- Accountable for including training and development, designation of job responsibilities, work assignments and performance evaluations for the entire team
- Work with stakeholders to understand business drivers and requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Conduct product research keeping current on technical directions and how to best apply them to Talbots’ business objectives
- Develop technical roadmap that embraces hybrid cloud technology and delivers solutions that enable and accelerate the business.
- Continually identifies and manages service improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures alignment of projects and resources for on-time
- Work with appropriate delivery managers to ensure the resources are available and committed to deliver the work
- Manage capital and expense expenditures to plan. Manage expense budget activities and timelines to department and corporate guidelines, while maintaining solid fiscal responsibility
- Manage 7x24 support of mission critical infrastructure systems including eCommerce, Oracle Financials, and others to ensure availability and other SLAs are met.
- Manage systems capacity and performance, creating and executing plans for controlled growth with continuous application availability to meet the growth and objective of the business.
- Manage relationships with our service providers, monitoring and enforcing SLAs of our service providers, and managing the financial activities associated with the service providers
- Ensure that security procedures are implemented and enforced
- 7+ years people managing experience in hybrid cloud environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have extensive experience with the following technologies: Azure, VMWare (VCP certifications required), Redhat Enterprise 6.x and 7.x, Microsoft Windows Operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, LDAP, powershell/bash scripting and Storage Administration.
- Good to have experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, Cisco UCS, Microsoft Hyper-V, EMC and Hitachi SANs and Brocade Fiber Switches. A technical understanding of the Network layer / topologies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management skills
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building
- Superior technical aptitude
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience.