Senior Manager, Information Security - Cyber Threat Management
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology.
TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls.
Priorities include: mitigating and managing cybersecuritythreats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Cyber Threat Management Team (CTM) is responsible for protecting the Bank, customers and employees by mitigating and identifying technologythreats to TD. The CTM team’s development of effective risk management programs help ensure TD’s best-in-class cybersecurity approach.
We are looking for someone to lead a team of Technology Controls / Information Security experts as they develop and manage strategies, programs, tools, frameworks and policies as well as provide specialized oversight, control and governance activities for a key business segment or transformational strategic initiative.
Both your influence and exposure to executives and various groups enterprise-wide will allow you to expand your efforts to minimize overall technologyrisks to TD.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Consult with partners on Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Assign and oversee resources on risk assessments, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, vulnerability assessments etc.
- Conduct comprehensive risk and control design assessments for an application portfolio, articulate and document impact of control gaps to the business and the overall Bank, risk mitigation and remediation plans, remediation strategy document or provide info security solutions to address risks.
- Make sure technology, processes and governance are in place to monitor, detect, prevent, and react to securitythreats against TDBG’s business.
- Contribute to the definition, development, and oversight of a global network and endpoint securitythreat management strategy and framework.
- Ensure team follows internal policies and procedures, technology control standards and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Adhere to and advise on, oversee, monitor, enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to technology controls / information security activities.
- Grow team expertise so it aligns with company demand and TD’s direction; assess team skills and capabilities and find ways to improve value delivered.
- Responsible for management of the overall team(s) providing both leadership and guidance.
- Set targets and objectives for the team.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management and overall team leadership for team members, regularly contribute to performance and development plans.
Other duties as assigned
• Driving Requirements: as needed
• Travel Requirements: as needed
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the business and technology standards.
- Thought leadership with deep expertise and knowledge of the business and technology standards.
- Experience leading, overseeing/managing a team or group(s) of moderate to large or in size, scope, risk and complexity.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills, including the ability to present options in business terms to both IT and business staff including executives.
PreferredQualifications – Here are thepreferredqualifications for this role:
- A strong background in Cyber Threat Management is strongly preferred