Sonos is on a journey to be the most sought after audio brand in the world. Our brand and productexperiences are changing the way people listen to music, and our job is to bring thisexperience to more music lovers around the globe. We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Industry Communications to continue building the brand’s reputation within the music industry.Reporting to the Global Director of Corporate Communications, your role is to drive Sonos’ presence within the industries in which we work, with an emphasis on thedigital music industry.
You’ll be an expert at crafting rich storylines that showcase our innovation and point of view on the future of music in the home. You’ll also have demonstrableexperience driving industry executive visibility programs, leading strategic industry media relations, creating POV documents on emerging issues, and putting competitive intelligence and industry trends in context forothers.
You’ll partner closely with our artist and creator relations, soundexperience, andpartnership teams. About You
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Drive industry communications, infusing a clear POV on music industry issues throughout the global communications function, working closely with colleagues in Brand, Platform, Corporate, and International Communications.
- Collaborate with members of the creator relations, sound experience, and partnerships teams to drive consistent messaging across the organization.
- Lead strategy, content development, and execution of Sonos’ industry initiatives.
- Refine Sonos’ industry narrative as our business and the music and tech industries evolve; consistently prepare the organization through ongoing message training.
- Serve as a resource to Platform, Corporate and Brand PR leads through announcements and reactive messaging.
- Drive Sonos moments in the industry – galvanize internal teams to identify where and when Sonos should be visible, at what frequency, and with what message.
- Run the Sonos speaker’s bureau.
- Partner to develop and manage the industry thought leadership program for Sonos leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with key press, influencers, event managers, and analysts.
- Work with all internal functions to ensure industry communications efforts are well planned and actively integrated with overall plans.
Skills You’ll Need
- Strong strategic and industry communications capabilities for fast-growing consumer electronics, digital entertainment, or lifestyle brands. Music industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on attitude and a problem-solver
- At least 7years’ experience implementing creative media and communications campaigns, both on the agency side and in-house
- Ability to communicate and partner across multiple marketing functions and effectively deliver messages to as a company spokesperson