Howmet Aerospace Inc.’s Corporate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) organization has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Industrial Hygiene and EHS Systems. This position is responsible for providing leadership on EHS Systems and Applications and provides technical leadership on Chemical Safety Data Sheet authoring and management.
The primary area of focus is to act as the business owner of the various on-premise and cloud applications that support the Howmet locations globally as well as the corporate EHS team. These systems are used for incident management, exposure assessments, occupational health and compliance task management. The Senior Manager, Industrial Hygiene and EHS Systems is responsible for setting the strategic direction of EHS applications in close alignment with the users and service providers to ensure that functionality is maximized.
The secondary focus is on the management of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and related processes. The Senior Manager ensures that SDS are made available to customers and governs the quality and timeliness of the SDS authoring and distribution processes which are completed by third parties.
The ideal candidate has a well-rounded career in EHS with extensive experience in various EHS applications and systems. You have a strong affinity with IT and are able to deploy that knowledge to EHS. Day-to-day support is handled by the EHS Systems Administrator which reports to the Senior Manager, Industrial Hygiene and EHS Systems.
This position reports to the Director EHS and Sustainability and closely interacts with internal customers at the Corporate, BU and location levels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Provide companywide leadership on EHS systems and applications and advise the EHS Leadership council on direction.
- Ensure key EHS applications, which include Sphera Essential Suite, Sphera Chemical Management and OHM, provide the requested functionality, and are aligned with the company’s EHS goals.
- Helpdesk support level provided by the Senior EHS Systems Administrator is effective and responsive for the user
- Initiate and lead innovation projects associated with EHS Systems
- Oversees the management of critical system changes, upgrades, configurations and modifications.
- Budget and supplier management for all EHS systems vendors and external SDS authoring service providers
- Support Safety Data Sheet authoring, maintenance and publication in close coordination with the business owners and 3rd party authoring provider. Govern the SDS process to ensure customers are accurately informed and SDS are in compliance.
- Design, implement and prepare various periodic reports.
- Foster 1 X 1 supplier-customer relationships to the various customers within the region and specifically getting to know the customer’s EHS application needs and expectations.
- Serve as a key member of the Global Health Committee
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in plant EHS mangement or consulting roles
- BS Degree in Industrial Hygiene from an accredited program, or commensurate experience and Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification in absence of a BS Degree.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Excellent communication skills Experience in managing EHS systems and applications
- Experience in various IT projects is a strong plus
- Experience writing and troubleshooting Excel Macros.
- Experience with Sphera software
- Working knowledge of GHS Classification and SDS Authoring requirements is a plus