POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE
This role is responsible for coaching and mentoring sourcing managers who are responsible for a portfolio of sourcing projects across a variety of categories such as marketing, professional services, facility services, and MRO with a focus on cost savings, process improvement, supplier relationship management, and achievement of business strategy.
As Senior Manager Procurement, the incumbent will work with internal customers as well as third party partners in developing sourcing strategies, negotiating contracts, implementing new standardized processes, driving continuous improvement, and generating sustainable cost savings by evaluating and prioritizing projects and process efficiencies that maximize benefits and reduce overall costs. This position will interact with all levels of the organization and is accountable for understanding key business drivers, strategies and requirements. This position owns the overall direction, execution and support of sourcing projects under management.
This position will set the Indirect, hedging and PTP systems strategy as well as manage a team of three people.
- Working with Business Owners for Indirect Procurement to establish a sourcing strategy in support of business needs.
- Leading the development and management of sourcing plans for all Indirect categories to proactively identify sourcing needs and Continuous Improvement opportunities to achieve the overall department's Continuous Improvement savings targets.
- Leading and influencing Business Owners to successfully execute the sourcing strategy and facilitating the Request for Proposal process while abiding by Del Monte's procurement policies.
- Managing the negotiation and evaluation of supplier contracts.
- Working alongside Business Owners to manage the supplier relationships with our strategic partners.
- Help to set organizational policies surrounding indirect spend management.
- Work to improve PTP systems to optimize spend & improve stakeholder engagement.
- Coach and mentor sourcing managers during the supplier selection and relationships, including: contract negotiation, risk reduction, quality and performance improvement, continuity of supply, and TCO reductions processes.
- Continuously drive and implement solutions for standardization and consolidation, outsourcing / insourcing, leverage opportunities, and procurement process improvements.
- Build and manage relationships with internal customers and key stakeholders to set priorities, implement strategies and achieve business goals.
- Serve as a procurement and contract expert resource for indirect procurement.
- Manage DLM hedging of natural gas and diesel.
- Develop reports, evaluate supplier performance and resolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree required. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in contract manufacturing, global sourcing and supply chain.
- Solid business acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Strong ability to work in cross functional and team-oriented environment with multiple disciplines.
- Proven capabilities in the area of project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of contract management.
- Strong experience in SAP and PTP systems.
- Travel of 10% - 15%.