Working independently, the Income Tax International Planning Senior Manager will develop, coordinate, document and implement international tax and transfer pricing planning for all GameStop and affiliated business entities. Also assists with international tax examinations by various taxing authorities. The principal business outcomes for this role are to minimize international tax liabilities, including those related to non-compliance with complex international tax rules and regulations. All routine and many non-routine decisions may be made without a supervisor’s prior approval. This role is generally characterized by moderately high levels of scope, complexity, and independent decision making.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Research income and transfer pricing tax issues by jurisdiction and document findings.
- Develop, coordinate, implement and document international tax planning strategies
- Review transfer pricing reports and documentation including annual requirements and review of new transactions.
- Review Subpart F, Section 956 and foreign tax credit issues and calculations.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740, including a review of tax positions under FIN 48.
- Assist with correspondence related to federal and international income taxaudits.
- Manage internal and external relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, and ensure that work is completed accurately, and on time.
- Model the behaviors expected of all GameStop leaders including, but not limited to, a drive for results, with a demonstrable bias for action; high levels of emotional intelligence, maturity, intellectual curiosity and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity
- Drive outstanding business results throughout the organization.
- Source, select, develop, and retain the top talent essential to the function’s and organization’s success.
- Adhere strictly and consistently with all confidentiality, ethical, non-disclosure, non-compete, and professional accountancy requirements.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information as needed
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and timely
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree with an accredited program in accounting or law required
- 8-10 years of international income taxexperiencerequired
- CPA or JDpreferred.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings as required to meet deadlines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient understanding of complex international tax regulations
- Quantitative analysis skills, including the ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and reportfinancial data
- Ability to meet multiple, potentially overlapping, deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Expert understanding of all professional standards and practices
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to manage multiple projects, remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities