Hughes Network Systems is seeking to hire a Senior Manager I – Technical for the Consumer Services Management Team.
- Responsible for the development and performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects.
- Direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, negotiation of contract and contract changes, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Direct the establishment of design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Develop new business or expand the product line with the customer. Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Degree of responsibilities will vary based upon size of annual budget
- BS degree in a technical field, i.e. engineering, telecommunications, computer science, information systems, math, statistics
- 10+ years of experience as Project or Program Manager
- Extensive experience in RFPs with technical specifications and financial analysis
- Satellite or broadband experience