This is a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support for a fast-paced non-union manufacturing facility supporting over 1000+ employees in three separate facility locations.
The role is critical in executing people initiatives, providing strategic leadership, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Lead and fully execute key initiatives that support operational strategies. Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure that all policies and procedures are understood, communicated and consistently administered with all associates.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to management and front line supervisors (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Development of needs assessment process and instructional design process to deliver appropriate training for all levels of associates.
- Complete special organizational projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 7-10 years related work experience with at least 5 years in an HR Management/Leadership position.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Consumer Products Industry Experiencepreferred.
- Previous experience working in a matrix organization.
- Strong professional presence and the ability to interface with every level in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong conflict management experience and proven track record in resolving complex employee issues.
- Solid PC / software skills and HRIS systems knowledge required. Experience with SAP/HCM preferred.
- Experience presenting in front of both small and large groups Superior teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.