Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: San Diego, CA
You’re looking for an opportunity you can both build and scale human capital practices. You are eager to apply your HR fundamentals and make an impact. You thrive an environment where you’re able to use your critical thinking skills to create and implement solutions. You hold yourself and others to high standards and are passionate about the work you do.
This is it!
The Human Resources team is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our transformation agenda. Our Teradata culture and our work environment is diverse, inclusive, and authentic. Our HR team shares a united goal to help enable our people leaders to be the very best that they can be, and enable growth for our business through human capital strategies. We are a pragmatic team, without judgment, and with lofty and audacious goals to help our business transcend and transform. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team that is curious, enjoys a good laugh, and sets the bar high for collaboration and partnership, both within HR and with our client groups.
As part of the Customer Support and Services HR team, this position will serve as the Global HRBP for key client groups within our Customer Support and Services organization, comprising over 1,200 globally dispersed employees, out of a total 10,000+ employee population at Teradata. This role will operate as a “business consultant” and serve as credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes.
- Lead the Human Resources Review process and work closely with leaders to understand individuals/teams, develop succession plans and growth strategies for employees, and ultimately drive focus and accountability for building a world class organization.
- Serve as a trusted advisor where people understand that your drive and determination is to enable their success.
- Be the top thought partner to the senior leadership teams by providing decision support on the human capital dimension of the business. Strategically apply solutions, and, if needed, dive deep into practical OD application.
- Partner with leadership on strategic initiatives, organization development, change management, and complex employee issues to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Drive our new compensation philosophy of employee differentiation to recognize and reward our best, and use coaching and counseling to continually improve performance levels.
- Foster a climate of strong accountability, responsibility, ownership, and results orientation.
- Create strong relationships and partnerships, leveraging the strengths of our Human Resources Centers of Expertise to ensure outstanding, full service support to the business.
- Leverage the internal culture, values, mission and vision to inspire and engage employees.
- Coach, develop, and assess leaders using established tools as well as new tools that will develop the workforce, such as robust performance management, leadership training, 360 feedback instruments, individual development plans, etc.
- Champion the use of analytics to measure the effectiveness of human capital practices and make changes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or business-related field.
- 8-10 years human resources experience with substantial expertise in a generalist and business partner capacity with a large, matrixed company
- Experience designing and implementing talent strategies aligned with business strategies
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective/efficient and successful teams and working atmosphere
- Experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead the successful execution of high performance human capital practices across multiple facilities/geographies, globally.
- Experience engaging and partnering with local, international HR Business Partners on local HR matters
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Demonstrated competence and experience in broad fields of human resources including organization design, restructuring and change management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and relations, talent and organization development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Experience with continuous process improvement methodologies (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to constructively challenge assumptions even when unpopular, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships
- Willing to travel occasionally
Ideally you would have:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degree and HR certification preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in both small, entrepreneurial enterprises and large, multi-national companies, demonstrating the ability to operate in both environments