At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking is welcomed and encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of stretch assignments and opportunities to step into the spotlight. Position DescriptionThe Sr. Human Resources Manager/Business Partner will support assigned employee groups of varying size to influence and support business decisions, and ensure the people strategy supports the business strategy. This position is based in Pleasanton, CA. The Sr. Manager’s responsibilities will include talent development, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, HR analytics, employee relations, performance management compensation planning and assistance with talent acquisition. Responsibilities may be expanded to include additional client assignments.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Design and implement HR strategies in support of business priorities.
- In partnership with Centers of Excellence design and deliver HR programs to support People Strategy.
- Lead implementation of core HR processes including workforce planning, performance management, compensation planning, talent development, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, employee relations, and facilitate talent acquisition.
- Coach/mentor and consult senior leaders for leadership development, succession planning, and talent management.
- Act as an advisor and thought partner for business leaders to enhance talent pipeline and increase effectiveness of the organization, continue to foster employee engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
- Partner and collaborate with Centers of Excellence and HR Operations functions within Allergan toidentify and implement appropriate solutions for client needs.
Education/RequirementsThe following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- An undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study; a graduate degree highlydesirable.
- At least five to seven (5-7) years of business experience within the Human Resources function, preferably with experience in the life sciences/healthcare products industry.
- Work experience within a sophisticated, complex corporate environment, as defined by size, geographic presence and/or organizational structure.
- A proven ability to serve as a business partner with specific experience in a variety of HR modalities.
- HR Business Partner experience supporting a commercial (marketing & sales) or R&D organization
- Ability to travel.
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the idealcandidate:
- Employee Relations, Regulatory and Compliance Knowledge: In depth understanding of regulatory, compliance and labor law knowledge and how to apply it across diverse situations. Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Experience and proficiency in functional components of human resources including ability toimplement HR programs in areas such as: performance management, year-end compensation planning, workforce planning and structure, employee engagement, employment law, talent development, organization design, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruitment.
- Demonstrated reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Business planning and project management skills.
- Experience partnering with HR services to address the needs of differing business units while considering alignment with company objectives.
- Specific experience within a learning or organizational development curriculum
- Proven ability to drive organizational change.
- Strong communicator verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Resourceful, well organized, and results-oriented.
- Advocate of working as a team player, good player-coach, not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Shows curiosity, asks probing questions and challenges the status quo to make strong decisions while managing and driving change.
- Demonstrates resilience and versatility when pivoting to meet changing business needs
- Builds authentic partnerships and connects across groups to get things done.
- Proactively fosters partnerships within the business to drive win-win solutions; commits todecisions for the best interest of Allergan.
- Formulates clear, rational and informed solutions and insights that drive better decisions.
- Draws from all available resources (data, knowledge, experience, etc.) and uses logic to develop solutions to complex or difficult issues.