The Senior Manager HR Business Partner serves as an influential people partner, advising clients in one or more business units, key solutions and/or functions. The Sr Manager HR Business Partner plays a key role in developing and implementing the HR strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent. Responsible for leading and/or building a high-performing People Strategies team of HR Business Partners.
What You Get to Do:
- Develop the next generation of Cox Automotive People Strategies leaders. Build a high-performing organization and deliver effective leadership to the HRBP team and function.
- Develop and lead people strategy opportunities and choices to compete and succeed. Contribute to the execution of the business plan through the creation and implementation of People Strategies that attract, develop and retain Team Members. Collaborate with and influence senior leaders to prioritize strategic people priorities and solutions that accelerate the achievement of business priorities through talent management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, and organizational effectiveness.
- Design and create the organization that will deliver business success. Proactively challenge the established organization structure of the client unit to drive superior performance. Using expertise as the HR architect, enable the business to be successful by creating a fit for the future organization that delivers organizational effectiveness through structure, process, value stream, reward and recognition and management mechanisms.
- Create the culture that enables the business to be successful. Develop and drive the employee engagement strategy to help make Cox Automotive the very best place to be. Be the cultural enabler for your business. Establish and maintain relationships through an environment that fosters communication and collaboration. Promote and focus a culture and environment that is productive, open and empowering and coach others to behave in line with our management and leadership principles.
- Resource the organization to enable current and future success. Develop and execute resourcing and talent strategy for market/business/function that ensures we have the right people in the right place at the right time. Build capability to ensure long term success.
- Interpret data insightfully and generate original insights for strategic talent priorities. Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to solve problems and drive continuous improvement of talent priorities. Be an insight advocate that reviews external data and trends and provides relevant insight back into the business. Creating winning solutions to keep the business ahead of the competition.
- Deliver better, quicker results through the expertise, resources and connections of your network. Work collaboratively with People Strategies Centers of Excellence to optimize the effectiveness of the business. Be the influencer for the rest of People Strategies, ensuring market/business/function receives the best support to support the delivery of the business and people strategies.
- Anticipate and respond to changing business needs. Influence lasting change in assigned businesses by serving as a change advocate on companywide strategies and initiatives.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of direct reports who in turn provide more tactical HR support to their assigned business area.
- Serve as a change agent and champion for the rollout of company-wide talent-related strategies and initiatives that support the success of the organization’s growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
- Consult proactively with peers and business leaders in order to create strategies specific to their business that will minimize risk related to hiring, retention, employee relations, bench-building, etc.
- Ensure that HR processes are implemented and managed in a consistent, measurable and effective manner.
- Partner with business leaders in the planning and conducting of business meetings, talent reviews, strategic plans, workforce planning, analysis of HR measures, etc.; ensure HR objectives are shared and delivered in concert with business operating objectives.
- Taking Initiative
- Talent and Resourcing acumen
- Change leadership including OD
- Cultural Enabler
- Decision making
- Relationship building
- Emotional intelligence
- Insights Advocate
- Impact and Influencing
- Strategic Thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR related field or work experience equivalent
- 8+ years progressive experience in HR disciplines with a strategic focus or equivalent experience
- Experience working with, coaching, and influencing senior leaders
- Proven experience in a leadership role in a growing, evolving organization
- Strong HR and business acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Must have the ability to diagnose a problem and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Flexibility to travel approximately 25%
- 4+ years of experience managing HR professionals and/or people leaders
- Graduate degree in business, HR or a related field
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR or GPHR
- Demonstrated ability to drive human resource strategies and programs in a complex, fast growing, and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically dispersed and matrix organization.
- Leading and managing change through effective use of Organisational design and development and business transformation.
- Success in leading, coaching and developing people in high performing teams
- Effective influencing and coaching of leaders
- Leading People and Project experiences
- Successful experience in contributing to the creation, implementation and execution of People Strategies.
Requisition Number: 194098