The Human Resources Business Partner acts as a business partner to retail field leadership, providing HR guidance and counsel in support of the brand business plan. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and is responsible for HR services for a Luxottica North America brand or business unit, including but not limited to, engagement, succession planning, performance management, recruiting strategy, workforce effectiveness and individual development planning. Supports field and store level associates and managers on HR-related matters. Ensures HR programs and plans are aligned to business priorities and monitors effectiveness through the tracking of key measures. Coaches and develops field leaders in key leadership characteristics and business success measures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with the brand/business unit HR team to identify and develop the HR plans (strategies, objectives, initiatives) to support the business strategy.
- Acts as an advocate for associates creating and fostering a best in class work environment.
- Serves as an active member of the Zone Leadership Team.
- Partners, as needed, with other HR teams such as Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and HR Systems/Operations to coordinate the development and execution of programs, systems, and processes to be used by the brand/business unit to support the business.
- Analyzes metric reporting to support the brand/business unit strategy and to drive business results.
- Provides guidance to managers and associates for HR related concerns including lower risk associate relations and the performance management process, i.e., development of business objectives and individual development plans.
- Ensures compliance regarding Company policy and federal/state employment law.
- Actively participates in the recruiting strategy process.
- Partners with Total Rewards to communicate and implement programs related to Compensation & Benefits to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates new manager onboarding process for field managers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit workforce planning, succession planning and talent development.
- Partners with HR Operations and Benefits on issues related to associates pay, benefits and short/long term disability.
- Builds business knowledge by participating in meetings, reading industry publications and job shadowing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ Human Resource or related experience
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively, while maintaining adherence to company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated negotiation and management skills as well as an ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibits a strong, highly collaborative working style; builds strong relationships
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations including state and federal regulations regarding employment practices
- Applies innovative strategies including identifying and recommending solutions to various associate HR issues
- Strong Project Management/ Process Improvement skills
- Demonstrate innovative thinking to problem solving and customer service
- Ability to collaborate, consult and influence with various levels of management and associates