Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
The Senior Manager, CWS (HR) Business Partner is an integral part of the Coworker Services (HR) organization as well as an indispensable resource to the business organization it supports. As a Business Partner Manager, you are seen as a credible business partner up and down the CDW organization. You are the face of Coworker Services to the organization as well as the Executive Leadership team. Business Leaders call on you to help think through their most difficult and strategic talent challenges. Managers seek out your advice on how to assess, motivate and reward their teams. CDW coworkers come to you as a trusted and neutral sounding board and coach.
In this role, you oversee and guide the implementation of strategic initiatives, corporate policy and practices at the business unit level with the responsibility of advising the Executive Committee Member. This role leads and directs a team of Business Partner Generalists to assist leadership in developing and implementing solutions to their talent challenges. Additionally, this role is involved in more complex issues through a systematic approach by gathering information, facilitating analysis and providing the support to business partners or CWS senior leadership.
You collaborate with CDW’s Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Organizational Capability, Benefits, HRIS and CWS Operations teams, bringing together the best team to deliver seamless service and holistic solutions to the business. This role’s success depends on the ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with all areas of CWS and the business units it supports. The ability to influence leaders and act courageously when facing resistance to change is critical along with the ability to balance day-to-day tasks with executing a long-term roadmap for the business.
This role is also responsible for implementing corporate policy, practices and procedures at the business unit level. This role is seen as a trusted advisor and problem-solver and your team values your counsel and your ability to frame up issues and identify possible solutions on a variety of talent-related topics.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive and provide leadership of our reoccurring CDW-wide strategic talent processes and programs for your assigned teams (Performance Management Process, Merit Review, and Succession Planning) as well as acting as a Project Manager to the Business Partner team as required
- Provides guidance to functional units to support the talent review process and appropriate organizational succession planning
- Provide the business recommendations to assist them in solving for their talent challenges leveraging available CWS resources and subject matter experts
- Serve as a coach and advisor to the executive business leaders in your assigned function(s)
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a generalist team along with providing coaching, development and performance management to direct reports
- Builds processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Federal/State laws
- Oversees team analysis on advanced employee relations issues to make decisions and recommendations
- Directly runs complex investigations
- Negotiates and manages EEOC and state charges
- Acts as the primary interface with senior leadership levels on most HR issues within respective functional areas
- Uphold policies that increase retention rates and foster coworkers’ morale and engagement
- Review involuntary separations to ensure appropriate practices were followed and the decision making process is just
- Identify stakeholders needed to accomplish business unit initiatives and work collaboratively with other CDW departments
- Travel as needed
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years business facing human resources experience in various disciplines, but generalist experiencepreferred in a population of 500+ employees
- 5 years management experience
- Advanced knowledge of human resource legislation and Federal, State, and Local employment laws
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead a high-performance team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels in a constructive, balanced and professional manner
- History of working in a matrix environment
- Executive presence and strong presentation ability
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- History of managing change
- Track record in performance and succession management
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service levels
- Master’s Degree
- PHR or SPHR certification
- PeopleSoft Experience
Job ID: 17001633