Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:Lead HQ CatMan efforts on the Fruit/Snacks business. Translate consumer knowledge into strategicretail opportunities. Provide practical and achievable tactical guidance that drivescategory growth for customers and Del Monte. Create and deliver compelling, fact-based presentations that secure customer support for Del Monte recommendations and solutions. Strengthen organizational ability to provide prescriptive recommendations through the application of advanced analytics; act as theinternal expert for the Insights/CatMan teams. Support efforts to strengthen customerpartnerships by demonstrating Del Monte commitment tocategory insights and thought leadership PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide foundational category story and category/consumer knowledge decks that enable Field Cat Man/Sales to be more effective in customer discussions (e.g. Category Roadmaps, 101 Education decks) and drive stronger retail performance through insight activation.
- Develop and deploy shelving, assortment, pricing and promotion guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop initiative-specific category stories and new item launch decks, guiding customer-appropriate tone, narrative, and content.
- Support category reviews at key customers, with recommendations and content that reflects awareness of customer strategies.
- Develop customer-specific strategies that will drive category growth and Del Monte success.
- Foster stronger linkage between Marketing and Field CatMan/Sales -- drive understanding and execution of Del Monte business objectives, while championing customer understanding within HQ
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degreerequired
- 10+years' experience in category management; CPG experience a plus
- High level of proficiency in analyzing syndicated data and shopper panel metrics
- Experienceapplying a wide range of consumer and shopper insight data sources
- Experience with advanced analytic methodologies (e.g., Purchase Structure, Pricing and Promotion
- Ability to translate complex and/or detailed information into a concise, easy-to-understand format, modified as necessary to reflect audience needs.
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated consulting skills; able to listen, interpret, and influence.
- Ability to tell a story, pulling from multiple data sources to build a deeper, holistic understanding.
- Comfortable championing a strong, consumer and customer-centric point of view
- Flexible and nimble - can adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to jump in and help.