$150K — $200K *
Would you like to be part of a public policy team working to transform the delivery of healthcare services? At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we work with innovative companies helping patients access the right care, at the right time, by the right provider. These companies rely on AWS as the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. The AWS Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by removing regulatory blockers to cloud adoption. We do this by working with governments as they develop and revise policies related to the digital economy, including cloud first policies and data protection regulations policies. This is particularly crucial for customers in regulated verticals, such as healthcare.
AWS is looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS before policymakers in the U.S. healthcare industry at the state and federal levels. The successful candidate will have a deep policy understanding of the healthcare industry and telehealth services, including interoperability rules, licensure requirements, reimbursement policies, and care delivery modality regulations. You will lead the development of AWS' policy positions and advocacy strategy, then coordinate the team's advocacy for favorable policies and regulations to promote expansion of patient focused virtual medicine policy. This Washington, D.C.-based position will report to the Director, Regulated Industries, AWS Public Policy, and includes the following responsibilities:
· Develop and execute advocacy strategies that support telehealth services.
· Engage relevant government agencies and public/private stakeholder groups on issues critical to AWS business in the healthcare industry. Work with internal and external stakeholders and experts to identify opportunities and risks arising from policy and regulatory development.
· Facilitate meetings between AWS and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote AWS advocacy positions.
· Craft and contribute to policy submissions and engage in consultations with relevant regulators.
· Contribute to advocacy efforts within AWS including coordinating and developing public policy collateral such as policy position papers and talking points.
· Provide expert advice to internal business partners and assist them in developing their respective business strategies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 10+ years of experience representing a large healthcare provider or payer, working as a policymaker and/or regulator on healthcare issues, or representing a healthcare trade association.
· Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, Health Sciences, etc.).
· 10+ years of experience effectively interacting at the highest corporate, federal, state and local government levels.
· The ability to travel based on business need.
· An advanced degree is preferred.
· Track record of conducting business according to the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity.
· Self-starter with proven record of accomplishment of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others
· History of working both independently and as part of a broader team with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
· Demonstrated examples of good judgment and thoughtful decision-making, and political acumen.
· The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about health tech, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Demonstrated experience in written and oral communications, including and preparation of public speaking.
· Demonstrated expertise in policy research and strategy development, paired with a passion for innovative thinking about the future of virtual care.
Valid through: 11/12/2020
$150K — $200K
$150K — $200K
34 days ago