This team is responsible for two critical functions: 1) Pricing strategy and execution – ensuring we are competitive, profitable, and maintaining customer trust in pricing across millions of books; and 2) business economics and intelligence– developing and maintaining sophisticated data analytics backed by strong economic principles to lead and enable decisions across the broader Kindle organization.
For this role we seek candidates with experience with large scale, global pricing management. Ideal candidates would be able to work with autonomy, lead a team, think strategically and make data driven decisions. We are looking for people to influence cross functionally, lead globally, and drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business.
Over their careers, successful pricing leaders will be exposed to multiple businesses/products, and pushed to grow into senior level general managers that independently run large business segments and organizations.
Thus, if you’re a great leader, with strong analytical capabilities, and a deep understanding of econometric models and principles, this is a great fit. This is a key leadership role in one of Amazon’s most exciting consumer businesses.
· Lead and develop a team of pricing product managers and analysts.
· Lead econometric analyses
· Set pricing strategy and ensure execution. Establish goals and report on performance in periodic business reviews.
· Identify and analyze new business opportunities and promotional programs. Present recommendations to senior management.
· Develop and maintain key business metrics and business intelligence tools. Enable data-driven decision making across the Books organization by making data easy to access and understand.
· Respond to competitor activity and other urgent issues; help make important decisions in real time.
· Work with technology teams to develop systems to support business needs.
· Leverage massive data sets to improve the customer experience.
· Bachelor's degree
· 8+ years of senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting roles that have included quantitative analysis
· Experience managing direct reports
· MBA degree
· Background in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations.
· Ability to work successfully with both business and technical teams across the organization.
· Experience with SQL, Excel, Access and statistical tools.
Job ID: 622548