Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
Interested in accelerating the AI and Big Data inflection across industries? Are you customer-obsessed, experienced, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge?
The Applied Materials' AI and Big Data team is actively recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic, and accomplished Senior Manager, Hardware Architect to lead and drive SoC technical designs and roadmaps. The ideal candidate oversees and analyzes key SoC architectural and implementation trade-offs such as power, performance, area, cost, and TTM while considering technological innovations.
This role requires strong communication, in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities. You will have the opportunity to mentor other engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in systems development.
- Translate requirements into SoC technical specifications and detail micro-architecture
- Review, influence and challenge SoC partition decisions with innovations in fundamental technologies
- Perform SoC feasibility analysis and make recommendations to senior management regarding SoC architecture options enabled by technology innovations
- Develop and document SoC architecture specifications that serve as the reference for engineering and execution
- Create SoC specifications, block diagrams, hardware partition and data flows
- Define, simulate, and model SoC performance vs. power (performance per watt)
- Specify, and document SoC power management techniques and user-level behaviors
- Partner closely with System Architects and join hands-on developing test-plan, prototype bring-up and debugging efforts
- Serve as the technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end; from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing; to documentation, delivery and maintenance of SoC Solutions
- Drive SoC technology roadmaps in areas of expertise to drive innovation and meet the needs of the long-term product roadmap
- Mentor engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in system development
- BS/MS/PhD in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 10+ years of experience in an SoC hardware architecture role
- Experienced self-starter architecting or implementing micro-architecture for advanced SoC
- Experience working as a Technical Lead in one or more areas of SoC Applications: Mobile, Battery operated consumer, AI or Data Center
- Background in advanced silicon technology enabling SoC innovations
- Strong communication skills & ability to clearly document technical solutions & architectures