In partnership with the Director Global Hospitality, plan and execute high-level hospitality programs in connection with the Company’s global sporting events (Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, Rugby World Cup, and UEFA Euro Football Championship) by providing relationship-building platforms for executive management, bottler senior management, customer account groups, and other key company constituents.
Support all aspects of global hospitality program planning such as accommodations, food and beverage, tickets, transportation, and staffing.
On-site, support the Director in leading a multi-discipline team of between 10 and 150 people (Company employees, contractors, agency personnel, and local staff) and directing a budget of between $3 and $30 million per project.
Critical Responsibilities & Job Summary:
- Marketing Knowledge:
- Create and maintain a master communications plan for each global hospitality program to plan and track all communication touchpoints, e.g., initial program announcement to the system, package request and allocation milestones, management of special requests, program operational updates, detailed pre-program briefing documents, and final chargebacks. .
- Develop all communications for internal and external constituents, leveraging appropriate Company-supported communication portals when possible to facilitate real-time availability of most updated information.
- Manage package request, allocation, buy-sell forum, and chargeback processes for programs that are running concurrently, to ensure that accurate revenue projections are represented in all budget forecasts.
- Develop and manage “package utilization” process to facilitate review of all VIP guest invitations by the Chairman’s office.
- Develop and manage process for collecting customized itineraries from all participating business units, and coordinate detailed operational review to identify and correct any disconnects.
- Data Management Solutions
- Lead the development, maintenance, and training for Red Carpet, the Company’s salesforce-based solution for managing global hospitality assets such as package allocations, guest data, event tickets, transportation, leisure, and financial chargebacks.
- Develop and manage budget line items for each program’s data management, to include Red Carpet, Conga, salesforce, InDats (transportation scheduling), and guidebook.
- Conduct regular business reviews with external vendors to monitor progress against plans, budget, and concept development and ensure compliance with TCCC standards.
- Business Affairs
- Review and prepare all TCCC global hospitality contracts for submission to TCCC legal, coordinating reviews by cross-functional departments such as finance and risk management. Coordinate countersigning of agreements, ensuring that appropriate chart of authority approval has been granted.
- Lead the procurement/payment process for all global hospitality program expenditures including creation/maintenance of master contractual payment schedules, tracking of vendor/PO creation requests and posting of IRs/GRs by P2P. Troubleshoot and monitor remediation between P2P and vendors on any issues.
- Assist Global Hospitality Director with the development and maintenance of global hospitality program budgets, including analysis, creation of assumptions, and review of historical trends.
- Review all ‘special request’ items (additional elements available beyond standard package inclusions) to be made available to participating groups and develop and pricing structure and communicate to the global hospitality team.
- Manage regular reviews between global hospitality and the assigned Global Finance Function manager regarding overall program assumptions to create master finance “road map,” RFA submissions, monitoring of exchange rate assumptions for changing global economic conditions, and analysis of any hedging opportunities.
- Lead the final reconciliation of program expenditures and chargebacks, ensuring the final balance is reported and recorded appropriately and project has been closed.
- Program Analysis
- Regularly design, administer, and analyze surveys of all system stakeholders regarding upcoming global sporting events (Olympics, FIFA World Cup, Rugby World Cup, and Euro Championships).
- Design program feedback surveys to be collected from program participants while they are on-site.
- Host Country Capability Development
- Understand host country business and local hospitality program objectives.
- Develop and build relationship with each host country communications lead, providing support in the development of local programs by coaching, consulting, sharing best practices, and identifying synergies.
Experience / Functional Competencies:
- 10 years of experience with a large multinational company in developing and executing world-class hospitality programs in the categories of sports and entertainment.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects concurrently to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed-upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Also includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans
- Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
- Understanding the financial consequences of decisions; understanding economic value for the system; acting as an owner of the business and making decisions that ensure long-term value.
- Ability to evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and influencing skills
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently delivery results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Group, Business Unit and Corporate Function Global Hospitality Coordinators / Chaperones
- Cross-functional partners (legal, finance, risk management, IT)
- Indirect Reports: project teams and contractors
- Global Hospitality Coordinators / Chaperones
- International: <10%
- Domestic: <1%