We currently have a need for a Sr. Manager, Global Logistics. This position will manage the company's global transportation, 3rd party centers and logistics operations in a manner that is efficient and cost effective, provide teams around the world with leadership and direction required to meet goals and objectives of the company. Also included is orchestrating global logistics functions using Lean principles, established company procedures, ISO, and SOX compliance in support of corporate guidelines. You will also provide strategic analysis and solutions to support forecasted growth and cost containment initiatives.
- Implement and execute the overall strategic planning and goal-setting of all the transportation and logistics activities
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, staffing plans, and performance requirements.
- Oversee and manage all activities and related global systems information associated with the transportation, warehousing and distribution of service goods.
- Lead transportation business strategy, strategic analysis, and on-going transportation planning for both sales and service customer delivery.
- Drive efficiencies and cost reduction throughout the delivery function, and associated operating functions.
- Hands on leader who teaches management/supervisors to be metric and data driven, and employee focused when coaching or mentoring change.
- Negotiate transportation and warehousing rates in all regions to meet and/or exceed cost savings targets.
- Serve as the focal point for global 3PL and transportation relations with key logistics partners. This will include benchmarking, quarterly reviews, negotiating and managing third party vendor contracts and service levels.
- Manage the process for carrier/3PL score carding and set targets for KPI.
- Facilitate the best in class Customer Experience through exceptional partnerships.
- Establish, measure and manage quality performance from 3PL and transportation partners.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS in Business Administration or Supply Chain; MBA a plus
- A total of 10+ years logistics experience, including project management
- Highly driven and strong communication skills
- Direct experience building strategy, launching it, and scaling it.
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate cross -- functionally with groups or individuals to accomplish specific goals