Alnylam is the industry leader in the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to address the unmet needs of patients with debilitating diseases. Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality, and is now advancing a robust pipeline of investigational RNAi therapeutic medicines, including five programs in late-stage development. In 2018, Alnylam received approval for our first product, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, by the FDA in the U.S. for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,200 people in 18 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work four years in a row (2015-2018) and a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2019.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Manager, Global Digital Marketing to be a key member of our Digital Marketing Center of Excellence in Commercial. Alnylam has launched ONPATTRO® and is preparing for multiple launches of medicines for rare diseases over the coming years. We are building a best-in-class digital marketing function. This position will help continue our disease education efforts and work with the TTR Brand team to expand marketing efforts globally for ONPATTRO. The role will work closely with Brand Leaders, Program leaders, Commercial Operations and Information Technology to ensure we are providing superior digital marketing experience.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Define the brand's Digital Marketing strategies for our global TTR portfolio, including priorities, goals and ensuring that digital tactics are aligned with brand business objectives.
- Drive integration of digital strategy into overall brand marketing strategy.
- Serve as a digital expert for TTR brand marketers during all stages of business planning, marketing communications and campaign development. Ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget while aligning with overall business objectives.
- Work in partnership with US, CEMEA, LATAM and Asia colleagues to develop and implement digital strategy for the ONPATTRO team.
- Champion executional excellence for digital campaigns and projects; responsible to the marketing organization to ensure that digital activities meet the brand-set KPIs.
- Develop and deliver on KPIs in support of brand's digital initiatives, report on results and deliver actionable insights.
- Develop recommendations and implement future roadmap and digital marketing programs.
- Facilitate and support best practice sharing while continuing to drive re-use of marketing assets to meet market needs.
- Work closely and maintain good relationships with brand team agencies and vendors. Partner closely with digital agencies to build efficient and effective marketing programs.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and plans to Build Organizational Capabilities and to help optimize our Digital Marketing Center of Excellence in Commercial.
- Support and contribute standards of measurement across markets and channels through analytics, social listening, engagement metrics and more.
- Promote cross sharing of best practices across brands and channels through our Center of Excellence.
- Be a champion for using digital marketing to more effectively connect with patients, HCPs and others.
The position will report to the Director the Digital Center of Excellence in Commercial and is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Education (Minimum) Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant digital experience with a comprehensive understanding and passion for the latest developments in digital marketing and CRM is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital ecosystems, tools and digital media channels globally
- Understanding how desktop, mobile, social, search, paid, earned and other online and offline channels influence a consumer's journey around the world, including U.S., EU, Latin America and Asia.
- Ability to mine data for understanding and insight is required.
- Ability to help set a vision, develop robust action plans for a brand, overcome obstacles and find solutions to problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience/exposure managing vendor partnerships is required.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and balance priorities with the ability to consistently achieve positive results is required.
- Biopharmaceutical product marketing experience a plus.