Reporting to the VP of Finance Operations, this role will be responsible for leading the WW credit, collections and accounts receivables functions. This individual will lead and develop a global team providing service excellence to valued customer while building extraordinary financial performance and cultivate essential relationships with company partners. In addition, this individual will develop the strategic vision and roadmap for global credit risk and collections management while ensuring efficiency and effectiveness with the goal of improving DSO and minimizing bad debt.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide leadership and support to the WW credit and collections teams to ensure the order to cash cycle (OTC) is seamless.
- Direct, manage and mentor department staff to achieve maximum cash flow, reduce DSO, minimize bad debt while maximizing revenue.
- Direct the WW credit and collections team to ensure orders are released, processed, shipped and invoiced timely. Ensure all clean orders convert from backlog to billings and revenue seamlessly, reducing cycle times.
- Prepare and publish detailed reporting analysis, graphs, commentary on performance of key trends and metrics for the accounts receivable.
- Oversee and enforce the company’s worldwide credit and collection policies and processes. Ensure teams are fully aligned to execute on the business successfully and efficiently while continuously looking to adopt best business practices.
- Forecast quarterly bad debt and SR&A reserves, DSO and cash collections for a $50 plus million-dollar portfolio.
- Oversee, review and approve the worldwide annual credit review process for new and existing customers through bank and trade investigations and detailed financial analysis evaluations.
- Maintain global credit framework aimed at cash optimization ensuring policy and processes are in full compliance.
- Hold monthly aging reviews with Global A/R Manager to ensure all accounts are aggressively collected and worked.
- Manage and refine the worldwide cash forecasting model on a monthly and quarterly basis to achieve the overall company’s cash forecast.
- Negotiate aggressive payment plans for distressed credits to reduce bad debt write-offs.
- Oversee the processing of letters of credit through 3rd party processor.
- Coordinate and communicate with external auditors and the Revenue Recognition team.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with senior management, customers and cross functional teams worldwide.
- Participate in special projects and other transformation initiatives as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Business related BS Degree (accounting or finance preferred); MBA preferred
- 10+ years of Credit, Collections and Accounts Receivables global experience with last 6+ year of Management responsibility
- Excellent systems skills and advanced in Excel, proficient with Access
- Experience using ERP system for management of Credit and Accounts Receivables portfolio; preferably SAP
- Well-organized, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual
- Motivated team player with excellent people and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to build effective partnerships
- Ability to work in a fast pace dynamic global environment
- Good work ethic; desire to learn and be challenged