- Act as the internal communications business partner for the North America RIM region – supporting its senior leaders and initiatives they lead or implement
- Work closely with North America RIM employees with internal communications responsibilities to ensure the company’s global internal communications strategy and approach is implemented consistently
- Own and drive initiatives and programs that measurably improve employee engagement and the overall effectiveness of internal communications at Iron Mountain
- Internal communications lead for the company’s frontline communications strategy and activities, developing an approach for North America RIM that can be scaled to other regions
- Support communications to key external stakeholders that protect and promote Iron Mountain’s brand and reputation
- Act as the internal communications business partner in the global Internal Communications team for the EVP & GM for North America RIM. Provide direct leadership communication support and counsel that enables them to communicate strategic priorities effectively and maintain high levels of visibility and trust with their employees
- Provide indirect internal communications support and counsel to other senior leaders in the North America RIM region that enables them to communicate effectively with their teams – leveraging toolkits and other internal communication guidelines
- Provide effective change communications support and counsel for initiatives within the North America RIM region, or for initiatives led by these units that affect the wider company. Ensure company-wide initiatives are communicated effectively and consistently in the North America RIM region.
- Provide internal communications support to other company functions and leaders, as required.
- Develop a network of colleagues in the North America RIM region (including those responsible for day-to-day or operational communications) to ensure the effective delivery of high-quality internal communications, ensure key messages are communicated consistently, and to elevate and amplify success stories and best practice with the rest of the company through global communication channels
- As part of the global internal communications team, help to shape its editorial, content and channel approach – ensuring these are implemented consistently and effectively in the North America RIM region.
- Ensure all internal communications content produced consistently reflects the company brand and tone of voice – including coaching and advising colleagues who are responsible for delivering day-to-day communications and content
- Support the delivery of activities to measure employee engagement and the effectiveness of internal communications – including annual and pulse surveys and focus groups.
- Support the EVP & GM for North America RIM and other regional leaders to ensure key corporate and regional messages reach external stakeholders and audiences as needed - for example, through social media and talking points for external conferences
Experience and capabilities:
- Native or fluent English speaker – other languages (including Spanish and French Canadian) are an advantage
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience – ideally with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or communications/PR
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills - able to influence and provide strategic advice and counsel to senior leaders, work effectively with SMEs on projects and campaigns, and manage partners and colleagues to operationalise internal communications plans
- Solid business acumen - able to get quickly under the skin of the region or function they support, and understand how it works and its key priorities
- Strong internal and change communications skills - including communication planning, message development and measurement
- Strong writing and editing skills - able to turn complex material into simple and compelling content that reflects Iron Mountain’s tone of voice
- Proactive self-starter - can think and act strategically and tactically, and work quickly, flexibly and accurately on multiple projects under pressure and to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a team
- EVP and General Manager, North America RIM
- North America RIM leadership team
- HR business partners for North America RIM
- Internal Communications Managers for other regions and functions
- Global Communications team members who specialize in digital channels, events, design/production, customer communications, PR
- Other brand, marketing and external communication managers in the Marketing functio