Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Global AML / ATF – Wealth ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide AML/ATF Compliance support to the Wealth businesses including:
- Advising on overall AML risk (i.e. client, product, sanctions, etc).
- Ensuring the Business is kept current on regulatory developments and best practices and processes/controls are updated accordingly.
- Identifying unacceptable AML/ATF risks and collaborating with the Business to manage and escalate.
- Responsiblefor the Wealth businesses in executing and maintaining AML controls including:
- Monitoring the schedule and results of 1B Quality Assurance processes to identify potential weaknesses/trends
- Responsible for the review and approval of auto high risk customers
- Engaging in all Wealth New Initiative Risk Assessments (NIRAs) to ensure adequate controls are in place in support of AML risks
- Reviewing Wealth customer risk rating methodology
- Provide oversight and coordination to the Wealth AML Teams (1A & 1B functions).
- Leading the Wealth business units in the completion of the annual AML self-assessments including:
- Sourcing of data for inclusion in the assessments.
- Ensuring AML risks are properly assessed.
- Obtaining Senior Management approval.
- Support the development and implementation of AML/ATF training programs across Wealth.
- Participate in developing a consolidated Wealth AML MIS and issue tracking to identify emerging risks and trends.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Bachelor’s degree (University Degree) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in AML, Compliance and/or Audit capacity in matrix financial institution; or its equivalent in education and years of experience. In addition,
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with solid organization and time management skills to deal with complex operational issues in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated integrity when working with colleagues and leading others by setting example of required behaviours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage difficult conversations.
- Experience in managing complex projects and initiatives across different businesses.
- Extensive experience with case management and analytics reporting.
- High client focus and high risk management focus.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional business relationships.
- Proven experience identifying and implementing process enhancements as well as the experience to oversee the resolution of process deficiencies and drive operational efficiency without compromising compliance requirements
- Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of AML/ATF & Sanctions Compliance
- Strong understanding of Bank’s operations, Wealth structure, products, services and operations.
Requisition ID: 14604