ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage natural gas projects from Initiation to Close. This includes
- Creating deliverables to agreed scope, objectives and requirements
- Developing realistic project estimates and project baseline including contingency based on identified project risks and cost uncertainties.
- Executing work to an approved scope, cost and schedule baseline
- Maintaining compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards
- Demonstrating strong environmental stewardship and safety leadership
- Delivering value as defined by the Project business case
- Bear accountability for delivering major projects within baseline estimates (scope, schedule and budget)
- Identify, secure and manage resources needed for successful implementation of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Provide leadership and direction for large project teams including internal and external resources.
- Implement effective change control to minimize unapproved changes to scope.
- Facilitate monthly project team reviews of scope, cost, schedule, risk and issues.
- Produce project reports and communications in accordance with PDO requirements.
- Maintain options to accelerate and decelerate capital spend as business needs dictate.
- Perform safety analyses, readiness reviews, pre-job briefs and other measures to minimize safety risks to personnel involved in project implementation.
- Oversee field observation opportunities and learning for Company personnel as appropriate.
- Participate in the strategic planning and budgetprocesses for the Natural Gas Utilities proactively contributing to the establishment of strategic goals for the company.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Operations leadership team during the project scoping process to identify improvements to ongoing work activities impacted by the project. Specific attention should be focused on operational efficiency, heightened safety awareness and performance, reduction of costs, enhanced regulatory relations and delivery of excellent customer service.
- Provide leadership and professional growth opportunities for individuals assigned to project teams.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement by seeking and implementing enhancements to project delivery and sharing lessons learned and best practices with other project delivery personnel.
- Create and maintain a workplace environment that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of Support key hires and facilitate knowledge transfer and the professional development of staff members.
- Participate in industry conferences, workshops, and forums to keep abreast of issues relating to transmission and distribution project implementation.
- Represent BHC in appropriate regional and industry forums related to competitive transmission implementation.
- Manage, coach and mentor other project managers.
- Maintain the BHC safety culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with the Director of Engineering, Design and Project Management.
- Practice open and frequent communications with the Gas Utilities support group.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the BHC’s corporate support departments including legal, accounting/finance, information services, government and external affairs, regulatory and business development. Seek advice and assistance from these departments as necessary.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with operations leaders within the other BHC jurisdictions.
- Provide leadership to direct and indirect reports as assigned for specific projects.
- Support good working relationships with various local, state and federal officials as appropriate.
- Maintain membership and take an active role in industry associations.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experiencerequired with increasingly progressive leadership and project management in the utility and/or construction field.
- Experience successfully managing project resources and budgets in excess of $25 million.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.