The Senior Manager, Food Services will lead a team and strategy for all food service offerings and operations at Exact Sciences locations. This role will be responsible for developing and leading a dedicated team of professionals that provide quality nutritional food and world class service in a fast-paced environment. Relationship management, identifying stakeholder needs and team expectations, and delivering results through quantified performance metrics is critical to success. This role will collaborate closely with multiple Exact Sciences stakeholders and help build a positive work environment and culture for a Food Services function that serves our diverse employee population of over 1500+ employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, plans, directs, and manages the operations and activities of the Food Service department including: overseeing the day-to-day operations of food & beverage operations.
- Sets policies and direction for all local, on-site, and beverage staff.
- Develops staffing guidelines including hiring, managing, and scaling a food and beverage team.
- Develops and leads strategies to deliver and measure remarkable customer experiences.
- Establishes operational processes and standards; implements audit processes and leadscorrectional efforts when and where needed.
- Develops and leads training programs in food and beverage services.
- Oversees all security, facilities, technology and cleaning services related to food and service operations.
- Oversees the departmental budgets and profitability as well as sets financial objectives consistent with company objectives.
- Manages purchasing, inventory, cost control, and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Implements developed concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food service and standards.
- Establishes and administers an effective system for cash and inventory.
- Works with the Chef and food service management team to create menus and provide top quality offerings to meet diverse employee needs
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed by all operating units of the Food and Beverage Service Department.
- Ensures highly productive vendor/customer relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the company.
- Set goals, monitors operations and evaluates results to ensure that departmental and operational objectives are met and in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Ability to creatively develop and inspire new culinary trends.
- Strong commitment to service and hospitality excellence.
- Ability to think strategically and maintain a long-term vision while also getting involved in operational details.
- Ability to drive tactical execution.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for building community spirit and positive results, and for delivering exception customer experiences.
- High standards with regards to culinary and service delivery.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Develop training programs and professional development for staff.
- Must possess effective coaching, counseling, and training skills.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Serve as Chef for special functions or as business needs require.
- Hold a current food manager certification through a State of Wisconsin, Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, approved institution.
- Keep current with food safety requirements, consumer protection, public health regulations, and industry best practices to ensure continued compliance with regulatory changes.
- A “green” focused approach that will support company efforts in recycling, organics recycling and waste disposal initiatives.
- Support of community gardens on company grounds, purchasing crop shares from local farmers, and embracing sustainable food practices.
- Experience working with multiple operations including but not limited to; micro markets, coffee bar, catering, grab-n go, on-line ordering.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in food service, hospitality management or a similar field.
- At least 7 years of food service management experience operating successful multi-unit food/beverage offerings.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience leading a diverse team of food service professionals.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Strong communication and operational expertise.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to travel daily to multiple local locations.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.