Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and travelled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places like floathouses, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
But the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is jump ship from the safety of corporate jobs to come together and become Rivian Vancouver!Responsibilities
- Ramp up and manage the fleet application development team whose primary focus is to build the fleet software solutions applications together with performance dashboard, OTA management and analytics solutions that Rivian leverages to improve its entire fleet of vehicles over time.
- Work closely with multiple other stakeholders to decide on technology and implementation strategy on wide variety range of applications and functions (such as OTA management, vehicle tracking, telematics, maintenance, reliability, safety & security, driver management, education, and compliance and proactive decision making based on insight and analytics).
- Play a significant role for Rivian and provide deep, actionable and ongoing insights that will impact future vehicle, hardware and software technologies, roadmaps across the company as well as helping us minimize our carbon footprint.
- Ensure the best in class software development practices, coding rules, reviews, test and release methodology and as well as quality and performance of product features to specifications.
- Communicate and support effectively with the various internal teams on dependencies and schedule.
- Hire, ramp up, manage and maintain highly performing engineering team and culture
- Establish and lead technology strategy and decisions cross-functionally partnering with architecture team and other stake holder
- 10+ years of experience leading software and SaaS teams ideally in automotive or consumer technology companies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer/Software/Engineering/Technology (Master is a plus)
- Experience and track record to set up engineering team and demonstrate excellent leadership of technology development & ramp; deployment into major projects.
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in visualization, analytics, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience in creating dashboards and visualization tools that tells clear & crisp data stories.
- Experience building web and mobile frontends with common frame works such as (HTML/CSS), React, React-Native, Swift, Java
- Familiarity working closely with UX/UI design teams and knowledge of modern UI design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, or Invision
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs using frameworks and languages such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Golang, python etc.
- Experience with AWS services including: ELB, EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53, CodeCommit, and CodePipeline or other relevant cloud services
- Experience with common build tools and testing procedures (working knowledge of Git, and Github best practices)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
- Sets dramatic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement.