This position is responsible for leading a team providing business intelligence support for business segments; thought leadership to the critical analysis of models, studies and systems to drive a deep understanding of the financial outcomes of a Line of Business; anticipating the implications and consequences of situations, taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies and facilitating preparation of analytical reports and presentation materials.
Develops financial and operational insight with respect to performance data and other materials that help shape decisions on business strategy and tactics, to help achieve performance imperatives such as revenue growth and cost savings.
This position will also demonstrate a deep understanding of industry concepts, including an understanding of the Companys specific practices, procedures, systems and applications, communicating complex issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, or related fields. Other Bachelor Degrees may be considered.
* 4 years of supervisory experience
* Minimum 7 years of experience in health care services, statistical analysis, financial analysis, financial consulting or insurance industry economics including 4 years
* experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data.
* Advanced PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar. Proficiency in designing reports.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
* Experience working cross-functionally within all levels of the organization, leading projects and in problem resolution.
* Experience in developing, maintaining and leveraging collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business leaders, to accept recommendations, cooperate or change their behavior, facilitating the accomplishment of business goals.
* Negotiation and influencing skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
* Extensive Health insurance industry experience with high awareness and financial acumen regarding industry trends and competitive challenges that have broad business impact.
* Tableau, PowerPoint or similar.
Job ID: AW-1024686