FMS is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Services Center to manage all aspects of customer service, response and resolution through the Financial Support Center (FSC), a contact center servicing all clients across the university as well as a variety of external vendors and suppliers. The FSC handles approximately 100,000 support inquiries annually.
This position will report to the Director, Business Services & Support. In this role, you will provide strategic and functional leadership to assure that service activities align with organizational goals. You will work closely with other FMS business managers to assure the related services are provided effectively, and with clients identifying issues through their requests. As Senior Manager, you will lead the FSC team (14 support agents) to provide FMS with:
- proactive guidance around trending issues;
- a deeper understanding of the challenges faced by our distributed customers;
- specific improvement areas in our policies, processes, services, and systems/reporting;
- a service design/delivery framework where service recovery is an integral component of an overall business solution
If you are enthusiastic, proactive, innovative, data-driven and have experience leading a team into a new incarnation of a best-in-class customer service function, then this may be the right position for you! This job will be relocated to the new Stanford Redwood City location in late Spring 2019.
- Play a key role in designing, building, and managing the next incarnation of a best-in-class customer support function.
- Strategically direct all operational aspects of the FSC, leading a team of 14supportagents, who take phone calls and ServiceNow help tickets.
- Ensure consistent delivery of outstanding customer service to individuals engaged in financial activities across the university.
- Set the tone of an encouraging, team-based environment that facilitates individual growth and development and high quality professional production.
- Conduct ongoing assessments for opportunities for operational, process and technology improvements; including creating and maintaining a Knowledgebase, input to FMS systems enhancements and other efficiency improvements.
- Direct staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization and the day-to-day operations. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, professional development, customer service training and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Possess high level of influence and build relationships with key business and IT stakeholders in order to advise executive management on programmatic and policy development.
- Manage negotiation with peers to come to agreed-upon and productive solutions to business problems.
- Manage external vendor or partner relationships.
- Play a critical role in supporting the development of analytics and reporting capabilities foundational to the success of the FMS Services portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, or statistics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and political acumen skills. Able to influence people, solve problems, trouble shoot, think creatively and resolve problems.
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flows.
- Demonstrated success in positions requiring high levels of self-directed work.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment: highly organized and flexible with rigorous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in understanding ERP systems such as Oracle Financials is required, as well as general understanding of accounting and P2P best practices.
- Ability to work with customer service tools: Avaya telephony and routing, ServiceNOW issue management and knowledge bases, and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Strong professional communication, relationship management, persuasion, and influencing skills are essential.
- The personal quality of being able to maintain a positive team attitude in a high volume and data-oriented environment
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Experience working in a purchasing or financial reimbursement environment
- Experience working in a technical or financial services contact center strongly preferred