Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting will be responsible for the development and execution of all financialreporting initiatives at Lineage. Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting, this role will be responsible for all internal and external financialreporting, compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and acting as a business partner to other functional leaders to ensure proper accounting and reporting of all significant transactions.
The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of progressive accounting and financialreporting experience in a public accounting firm (“Big Four” preferred) and must have strong technical accounting skills with the ability to research and resolve complex accounting issues (revenue recognition, business combinations, consolidations, stock comp, lease accounting, foreign currency transactions and translation of foreign currency financial statements).
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for internal and external financialreporting, drafting year-end financial statements, potential SEC filings (forms 10K and 10Q) and related footnote disclosures as well as monthly and quarterly financial statements and performing all financial statement consolidations including foreign subsidiaries.
- Serve as the main point of contact with the external auditors, overseeing the annual audits of the company’s financial statements as well as lender audits and subsidiary financial statement audits.
- Review of monthly management reports submitted to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for analyzing new and emerging accounting issues, preparation of technical memos new accounting guidance to ensure compliance with GAAP/SEC guidance as well as implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Execution and recording of purchase accounting for all acquisitions including preparing purchase accounting memos, purchase price allocations, coordinating with external valuation consultants.
- Lead the design and maintenance of financialreports in the Company’s ERP system (Workday) and update and create reports as needed to support executive management.
- Assist with the development of financial policies in response to operational changes, internal control requirements, or technical accounting requirements.
- Build strong partnerships with General Accounting and Compliance, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Operations, Legal, and Internal Audit.
- Ensure and document compliance with internal policies, SOX controls, and regulations relating to US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Monitor technical accounting, regulatory and financialreporting developments to ensure Lineage maintains compliance with current and developing standards and regulations.
- Perform quarterly balance sheet fluctuation analysis.
- 8+ years of progressive accounting/auditexperience in a public accounting firm, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Experience with a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and logistics preferred.
- A CPA designation is required, and education credentials include an undergraduatedegree, with an MBA or Master of Accounting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of automated accounting and reporting systems, such as; Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and effectively, while paying great attention to detail.
- Experience and knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting experience related to accounting requirements and regulations.
- Experience with public company filings process and SEC document writing.
- Quick learner with desire to continue to learn and grow knowledge base.
- Strong interpersonal skills and stature to quickly gain respect and build strong working relationships across the organization, at varying levels.
- Comfort working in a hands-on, highly engaged environment and willingness to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility along with a strong work ethic and bias for action.
- Experience and willingness to drive strategic accounting initiatives across a global organization.