Cronos Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CRON, TSX: CRON) is an innovative global cannabinoid company, with international production and distribution across five continents. The Company is committed to building disruptive intellectual property by advancing cannabis research, technology and product development and is building an iconic brand portfolio. Cronos Group’s brand portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global wellness platform; two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™; and three U.S. hemp-derived consumer products brands, Lord Jones™, Happy Dance™ and PEACE+™. In two years, Cronos Group has gone from two production facilities to operations that span across five continents.
Our goal is to establish the most valuable international cannabis community comprised of passionate, daring people, driven by quality and integrity, who are determined to write history. We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. If you want to play a part in shaping a new industry and building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Cronos Group is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting who will work within the Finance Department and report to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting. As the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for the US GAAP Financial Statements and related MD&A disclosures in a publicly traded environment. In addition, you will lead the preparation and deployment of standardized accounting policies across the Company’s operating segments. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
The corporate Financial Reporting team is based out of downtown Toronto, Ontario. This position is expected to be performed remotely as a result of COVID-19.
- SEC Reporting (10K’s, 10Q’s, Financial Statements and MD&A), including:
- Review of all notes to the financial statements and supporting documents prepared by direct reports
- Preparation of complex disclosures and workbooks, such as share-based compensation, statement of equity and EPS calculations, derivative fair value analysis, as well as business combinations and subsequent events (when applicable)
- Coordination and ownership of a complex matrix of report review, comment resolution, and relationship management, involving several teams of internal and external stakeholders
- Management of the audit and review engagements, inclusive of reviewing document request lists, ensuring delivery of all items on-time to an established standard of quality
- Coordination and detailed review of the global financial statement consolidation process
- Implement new financial reporting standards as required by US GAAP, including assessment of the impact on processes and internal controls, as well as any changes to business metrics
- Prepare and review technical accounting memos on transactions and initiatives, as well as existing applications of US GAAP in light of evolving industry practices and benchmarking
- Communicate new accounting standards and external developments in US GAAP, including delivering presentations as part of a regular company-wide US GAAP education program
- Oversee the tracking, review, and approval of all calculations and treasury directions associated with option exercises, in collaboration with Legal and Payroll specialists, as well as coordination of other equity transactions (forfeitures, RSUs, DSUs, Top-Up Rights, warrants)
- Be a primary source within Cronos for all technical accounting questions for issues that may arise from any aspect of the Business
- Manage and coach Financial Reporting team members, as well as acting as a technical resource and collaborative business partner to adjacent Finance team members
- Build and maintain accounting policies for the global Finance team
- Any ad-hoc reporting, analysis or business development initiatives as directed by the CFO, VP Controller, any member of the Senior Leadership Team or the Senior Director, Financial Reporting
- CPA, CA or U.S. CPA Designation
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP including technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Solid technical skills with a minimum of 7 years of financial/corporate accounting experience, including auditing public companies (US GAAP and SEC reporting).
- Experience with external financial reporting of US publicly traded companies
- Ability to assess processes and systems to identify key control activities and identify and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
- Hands-on team player, able to interact professionally with all levels including staff outside of the Finance group and external auditors
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a finance team, develop staff, implement significant initiatives and drive toward exceptional performance
- Capability and willingness to rotate into leadership roles within other Finance functions over time
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP, OneStream, Workiva, and Certent would be significant assets
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who is able to work under very tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, change and ambiguity
- Displays integrity and is accountable for actions and statements