Job Description Summary
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years. Are you mentor who can manage a staff to achieve performance standards? Do you have a strong understanding of financial analysis and reporting including budget review? Are you a strong communicator who can deliver reporting to senior management? If you answered yes, we are looking for you!
As our Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Analysis you will be responsible for the effective management and integrity of financial analysis over operating expenses for the Workplace Solutions division.
- Effectively manage and support staff to achieve performance standards, develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares high level knowledge.
- Ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes.
- Oversee the management staff providing hiring, direction, support, counseling and training of staff. Also completes performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team.
- Effectively communicate goals based on objectives and assist staff in setting and understanding goals and performance measures.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the business to proactively oversee and direct the development of financial reports and complex models for forecasting, trending and analyze results.
- Ensures the interpretation of results is credible and explainable.
- Directs/reviews preparation of applicable financial analysis.
- Prepares written analyses of issues to enhance the understanding of senior management.
- Oversees stakeholder reporting and analysis, make recommendations to Senior and Divisional Leadership, as needed.
- Develops financial proposals that support business objectives and manage risk.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of business and analysis concepts.
- Recommends and leads implementation of changes to processes to achieve efficiencies through use of technology.
- Manages a functional support area that often interacts with Divisional Leadership or Senior Management.
- Responsible for accurate accounting and reporting of business investments for budget and financial planning purposes.
- Reviews and oversees cost benefit analyses, including tracking costs incurred and validating benefits are realized.
- Collaborates with Financial Planning & Analysis product teams to analyze allocation of expenses across products.
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience, with degree and 5 years demonstrated supervisory/management experience.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of business area preferred (for example, investments, distribution/marketing/operations/technology/corporate functions).
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, to all audiences, ability to handle multiple projects by using effective project management skills, analytical.
- Organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment, address employee issues on a timely basis.