Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
11 - 15 years experience • Building Materials
The Senior Manager will lead the FP&A team in the execution of all financial planning and business analytics requirements. They will be responsible for guiding the preparation of the long-term financial plans, forecasts, and annual budgets and will monitor and analyze performance against those plans. In support of these activities, the Senior Manager will manage a team responsible for communicating results to management, disseminating relevant financial and operating data and supporting business decision making.
The successful candidate will deliver value added business analyses and will introduce processes and tools to facilitate a highly efficient and effective planning process. The ideal candidate must also be assertive, self-directed, innovative and driven by details and deadlines. The position will supervise a team of 2-3financial professionals and report directly to the Director of FP&A.
- Provide timely analysis, advice and support to the Regional President and staff
- Manage the financial planning process which includes quarterly forecasting, annual and multi-year business development plans.
- Partner with regional budget holders to understand and challenge key assumptions underlying budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans.
- Responsibility for Regional capital expenditure preparation and Post Implementation Analysis working closely with operational management.
- Industry and competitor analysis for region specific product lines. Coordination with the analytics team.
- Prepare and publish monthly analyses of regionalfinancial performance for the Mid-Atlantic Team which:
- Share insights in a structured and easily digestible manner in both written and oral format.
- Explain key factors driving financial performance relative to comparative benchmarks (budgets, forecasts, prior periods, etc.).
- Drive sound decisions by connecting market conditions and internal actions to financial performance.
- Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business components.
- Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks of business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
- Review, analyze and compare monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against plan and otherinternal benchmarks including working capital and cash flow analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred; Professional qualificationpreferred.
- 10 + years business experience with evidence of assuming roles of greater complexity, responsibility and accountability during their career. Manufacturing experience would be preferred.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Pro-active attitude with team oriented, collaborative working style.
- Advanced skills in Excel and otherMS Office applications.
- Experience of SAP or similar integrated ERP system
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex business issues.