The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") will be responsible for the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process as well as assisting in the financial decision-making processes in collaboration with group leaders and the management team, as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the annual budget process
- Develop and manage the quarterly forecast process
- Analyze budget to actual variances for clinical expenses and other R&D expenses
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to group leaders for decision-making analysis
- Prepare clinical accrual for monthly and quarterly accounting close and prepare forecast for these expenses
- Assist in the quarterly research and development tax credit analysis
- Assist in SOX and financial statement audits
- Work with the purchasing group to ensure appropriate set-up of contract purchase orders in the accounting system
- Assist R&D, G&A and Legal teams in developing budgets for long term contracts, particularly R&D contracts, prior to execution
- Drive process improvements in the forecasting/budgeting processes, including implementation of a financial planning tool
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Advanced competence in collaboration & teamwork, communications influence, strategic agility, planning & organizing, driving results, and problem solving.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication/Presentation Skills: Excellent ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently and present information to all levels of audiences.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Leadership: Strong ability to establish and communicate clear visioning that team members willingly follow; provide information, knowledge and methods to realize that vision; coordinate and balance conflicting internal and external interests; ability to influence decision-making in a diplomatic manner. Able to navigate team smoothly through difficult situations.
- Strategic Thinking: Capable of thinking conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically to achieve company goals.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
- 5-7 years of experience in finance, planning and analysis position with financial planning systems experience
- B.S. in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar is required
- Bio/Pharma industry experience (supporting drug development teams) is required
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and collaborative mindset, particularly with cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment