The Senior Manager, Financial Institution Partnerships will be involved in driving critical aspects of the partnership life-cycle – primarily focused on integration/launch and ongoing execution and growth. This role will develop the vision and execute on large complex partnership launches, working with a cross-functional team including heavy interaction with product and tech teams. You will also manage the day-to-day execution of key strategic partners with large impact on the brand and revenue growth of the company.
This role requires a high impact player who exhibits initiative and the ability to function in a flat organization.You should be able to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions. You should have the ability to wear multiple hats and smoothly transition between job functions, filling gaps as needed. You will be respected by peers and develop and maintain superior client relationships. You should be capable of contributing in a role with large amounts of complexity, scope, impact and scale. You must have passion for technology-enabled innovation in the small business lending space. You must be technically inclined and ready to work closely with product and technology on partnership development.
At OnDeck, we are changing the way Small Businesses get access to financial solutions in America by combining our passion for Main Street with Big Data and cutting-edge technology. Over the last decade, OnDeck (ONDK) has become the largest online Small Business lender in the nation with over $7B in loans delivered. By building industry leading technology, user experience and credit models, the OnDeck platform delivers affordable loans in minutes and hours instead of the days and weeks it takes in traditional channels.
As Senior Manager, Financial Institution Partnerships at OnDeck, you will be accountable for:
- Partnership Launch – build and manage a roadmap for integration. Heavy focus on product development and technology implementation, along with driving diligence, compliance, finance, and contractual work streams. You will work closely with product and tech teams, both internally and with partners.
- Ongoing Relationship Management – responsible for the day-to-day ownership, execution, problem resolution, reporting, and analysis of key strategic partnerships. Ownership of partner marketing funnels and continued evolution of our product offering and growth plans over time.
- Business Development – ability to engage senior executives in prospective client conversations.
- Wear multiple hats, including relationship management, enterprise implementation, business development, product strategy, and marketing.
Qualifications for success:
- 5-7 years of work experience. Prior experience in financial services, management consulting, or as a general manager is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Personable and can quickly engender people’s confidences. Able to lead effectively without authority. Capable of building relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural consultative style. Builds positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results. Demonstrates active listening, and practices open, honest and direct communication.
- Quantitatively inclined. Strong business acumen, financial skills, and analytical abilities. Financial modeling skills and/or SQL skills are a plus.
- Outstanding communicator. Possesses good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Can effectively tailor communication to specific audiences. Adapts approach to fit the situation and people at hand. Has keen attention to detail, flawlessly executing role responsibilities. Stays open minded and proactively keeps communication going when there are breakdowns.
- Project management. Capable of executing on both short and medium term projects and objectives. Willing to do what it takes to hit deadlines that may be externally imposed, including occasional night and weekend work. Organized and able to anticipate issues or conflicts as they come up.
- Positive can-do attitude. Strong passion for helping SMB customers and doing what it takes to help drive company initiatives forward. Understands how to effectively navigate the organization to accomplish business and department goals.
- Professional Courage. Willing to take risks, aiming high to drive OnDeck forward. Has the bravery to talk straight and ask tough questions. Is open to and accepting of change, adapting to our evolving business. Proactively raises challenges and identifies solutions.
- Operates at multiple levels. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as the tactical, operational details.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.