As a Senior Manager, you will lead and deliver medium to large projects or components of large, complex client engagements focused on the finance function and actively develop new business relating to this specialty. These projects can include managing the execution of business process, systems, and/or organizational transformation, the development of strategy and planning deliverables, and overseeing internal and external specialists assisting our core team. You will interface with our clients who are generally CFOs and company owners and work to identify their needs, structure projects, and help them execute. You will also build and manage project plans, create and run project portfolio management efforts, and work to become a trusted advisor to mid and senior-level client staff.
We work with middle-market companies from $50M to $500M in revenue. Many of our clients are family owned, founder-run, or private equity portfolio companies. We are looking for someone with experience in the Fortune 500 but who understands (or is enthusiastic to learn) how the concepts are effectively applied to these clients.
- Between 8-12 years of experience with a consulting firm delivering finance transformation programs, financial operations improvement, and/or financial software implementations
- Experience delivering complex finance transformation projects for CFOs, family businesses, and Fortune 500 companies. This includes leading planning and design, managing the projects, interfacing with executives and boards of directors, and developing follow-on work.
- Ability to develop business through both existing relationships and net new selling. Must be a active networker with established executive and/or private equity relationships in their geography
- Must be familiar with multiple financial software solutions including core accounting, financial reporting, consolidations, and project costing
- Ability to analyze financial and operational data and synthesize findings in common business language
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Superior organization skills with the ability and desire to balance multiple projects of varying complexity at the same time
- Deep understanding of change management practices, particularly stakeholder analysis and communications
- A desire to work collaboratively, a natural ability to network, and a great sense of humor
- Experience with a consulting practice of a Big 4 accounting firm or a Big 3 consultancy
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Broad understanding of the use of enterprise systems in large organizations and trends in cloud applications, system integration, and mobile technologies
- Understanding of or certifications in Lean/Six-Sigma
- Familiarity with or certifications in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies